First Film you saw at the Cinema in Sheffield

Ha,

I think I was one of many childern of my generation who first saw 'The Land Before Time'!

Ha,

I think I was one of many childern of my generation who first saw 'The Land Before Time'!

Oooohhh I love that film!!

The first film I ever saw in the cinema was Titanic I think.

Edited by Amaranthus

I love this thread, yeah I remember Hopalong Cassidy, he wore a WHITE hat.

My first films were all at the Western (or the Bug Hut !) in 1939.Hopalong Cassidy ,complete with the famous white stetson,played by William Boyd.He also had regular sidekick whose name escapes me,but Clint Eastwood always reminded me of him when he first appeared.Other Cowboy stars were Roy Rogers and Trigger the Wonder horse.Gene Autrey ,the singing cowboy.Later along came the Tarzan films with ex Olympic swimming champion Johnnny Weismuller.

Edited by S A C

First time I ever saw a film in Sheffield, I am fairly sure it was a french canadian subtitled film about a bloke who played Christ in a passion play, who then started to believe he was Christ - sounds arty? Saw it at The Anvil!!! About 1988/89! I was about 15 ish and thought I was oh so cultured watching foreign dross an hour away from home!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_of_Montreal

Edited by Lady Star

About 1963,I was 6 or 7 my mum took me to watch a panto except it was full before we got there..because we couldn't get in there we went to the Odeon and she enjoyed watching bloomin' Oklahoma! If I didn't know better I'd think she'd done it on purpose

The 1st film I remember seeing at the cinema was 'Song of the South' it was at the ABC on Angel Street. It was maybe 1975. It was the 1st time I'd seen live action and cartoon. Don't really remember the film, but i do remember the song 'Zipedee doo daa'. There was also a short nature film before the main picture, again I don't remember what that was about!

My first films were all at the Western (or the Bug Hut !) in 1939.Hopalong Cassidy ,complete with the famous white stetson,played by William Boyd.He also had regular sidekick whose name escapes me,but Clint Eastwood always reminded me of him when he first appeared.Other Cowboy stars were Roy Rogers and Trigger the Wonder horse.Gene Autrey ,the singing cowboy.Later along came the Tarzan films with ex Olympic swimming champion Johnnny Weismuller.

hiya one of his sidekicks was i,m sure fuzzy knight, another was one whose horse had a white ring around one of its eyes, roy rogers had gabby hayes, what about the bowery boys leo gourcy,huntz hall,( mugs, satch) also durango kid ,sisco kid, i think they wiped all the baddies out between them.c same here weston twice a week tuesday and saturday in the fourties with my mum and nan.

Edited by willybite

Event Horizon, around 1997. I love the whole concept of hell being let loose from another dimension. Unfortunately it was my first experience of a Paul W. S. Anderson directed film, if only it was my last

I think my first trip to the pictures was "Hard Days night" The beatles, or it could have been "help". It was at the Park Cinema in Hillsborough( where Netto is now)

..mine I think was The Sound of Music, the first 'good' film I saw in a cinema was Diamonds are Forever!

I have memories of being taken to a showing of "Dr No" as a tot of about 18 months/ 2 yrs. not for me to see but (natch!) with my mum and dad.

I was taken to see Disney's The Jungle Book at the age of about 2 1/2 at the Manor cinema (was Somerfield, now Tesco at Manor top).