Gay Paris Pub in Fitzallan Square

Anyone remember the Gay Paree in Fitzallan Square. This was in the late 60s early 70s.

Anyone remember the Gay Paree in Fitzallan Square. This was in the late 60s early 70s.

Was it a gay pub?

I remember it well I got pulled for under age drinking in 1970 and I was 17 at the time! Then plain clothed police visited my parents to inform them of my offence! I always remember I got fined £5!

The Gay Paris was the in place to go. yep and you had to be careful of the plain clothes police. The pepsi there was to die for.

By the way No it wasent a gay bar

i remember it well .Spent many a Saturday night down there The walls had scenes of paris outside cafes.It used to be called the Dive Bar previous to that.It was situated underneath Marples

I used to call in this bar at first then on to the buccaneer, then to the red lion  and then the nelson, down stairs if it was possible to get in down there.

Like a previous post I was pulled for under age drinking in there, I was doing quite well telling him a right pack of lies, until he caught me out, then his foot accidently caught my ankle (not sure whether he said sorry or not)We also went on to Buccaneer and Red lion, can't remember the Nelson though.

On 22/12/2021 at 12:23, Donside 6 said:

Like a previous post I was pulled for under age drinking in there, I was doing quite well telling him a right pack of lies, until he caught me out, then his foot accidently caught my ankle (not sure whether he said sorry or not)We also went on to Buccaneer and Red lion, can't remember the Nelson though.

Furnival Gate, other side from Redgates.