No matter how often you watch it you cry

For me its Brother bear, i watched it again yesyerday and it made me cry, it is such a lovely story and great film, comical also.

I made the mistake of watching this on a plane to Mexico and I sat there crying my eyes out, but having to cry quietly, with eyeliner and mascara running down my face.

I cry also at... Gladiator, and any disney/kids film, oh Crash too.

Flicked onto film 4 last night and I Am Sam came on, with Sean Penn....OH.MY.GOD, cue tears from start to finish.

Dying Young with Julia Roberts always gets me.

Armageddon, when Bruce Willis talks to Liv Tyler just before he goes and saves the world.

I cry at most things, quite easyily. I can always remember mum had to take me out the cinema when i went to see bambi because i couldn't stop crying when his mum got killed. She also had to stop me watching Lassie and the Littlest Hobo on TV. Yes, really.

I am a bit of a serial weeper at films - the worst one for me is "The Green Mile" - just something about it.....I think John Coffey is one of the most wonderful characters ever played in a film and the film just has a certain thing about it that gets to me.

Schindlers List too - blimey....that's a powerful film! Oh I could mention many films that get blubbering - a good friend of mine can't watch "A Beautiful Life" without blurting out - doesn't have that effect on me but we're all different :)

Mick x

So many to choose from, but for me it has always been:

The Railway Children!

It's the bit when the steam clears on the station platform to reveal the children's father and Bobby cries "Daddy, my Daddy!"

It's doing it to me now lol

ET, the bit where he "dies" on the operating table gets me every time :cry:

ET, the bit where he "dies" on the operating table gets me every time :cry:

It's when he's leaving that gets me :(

Moulin Rouge, every time... SHHHHHHH!!

Oh nooo

For me the main one is Beaches, with Bette Midler. I even cried reading the book!!

There are a number of other films that get me too, but that one does it best lol

The Tom Cruise War of the Worlds movie was pretty heart wrenching iMO, purely cos it sucked compared to the 1950s original.

OK it was more relevant to the book, with the Tripods, but why the bits about Cruise's character and his family problems? :loopy::confused:

Pretty in Pink :blush: I do love that film.

Schindlers List - EVERY time when he sees the red coated little girl.

Absolutely anything with animals in (which is why I try and avoid these sorts of films).

It's a new one, but Sex and the City - when she opens the last email from Big - I cried buckets!!!!! I just know I'll cry next time I see it too (as you HAVE to watch this film again!)

The Elephant Man.

Not strictly in keeping with the thread title, because I haven't watched it in ages, but Shadowlands never fails to have me in tears.

Then again, my tear ducts are very easily manipulated and life's too short to be put on a downer by a director's machinations, which is why I stick mostly to Ghostbusters, Bad Boys II and School of Rock these days :hihi: .