Allotments at top of Warminster Road

I live on Woodland Road at Norton Lees. When I lived in Leeds I had an allotment and I'd like to get one down here. The nearest ones to me are just off the top of Warminster Road. They don't seem to be mentioned on the council list though. Are these private ones? Anyone know?

The next nearest, I think, are the huge ones down at Heeley, next to Carr Woods, but that's a long walk (I have no car).

Ah right must have missed it. Blimey there's some at Norton Lees too. Wonder where they are.

Ah right must have missed it. Blimey there's some at Norton Lees too. Wonder where they are.

Think they might be the ones at the top of Meersbrook Park

I didn't realise that counted as Norton lees. You might be right though.

I found out at the weekend that 'Warminster Road' as listed on the council website is not actually on Warminster Road at all, but just off it, quite low down, behind the big old folk's home.

The guy from the Parks Department told me the ones up at the top end of Warminster Road, bordering the University Sports Fields, are actually privately owned. These are the ones I'm interested in. Does anyone on here know who owns them?

The ones up at the top end of Warminster Road, Near the Sports Fields, are privately owned. These are the ones I'm interested in also & have been unable to find out who they are owned by so would be grateful if you find out let me know please.

cheers

The allotments at the top of Warminster Road are privately owned and unfortunately the owners on quite a few of them have passed on. I have known a few being taken on illegally but it's risky.

I should imagine as time goes by this land will be compulsory purchased by the Council as it is becoming derelict.