Who's getting a New iPhone 3G upgrade?

I don't know where you upgrade but every time I've done it I've had to sign a new contract agreeing to another 12/18 month minimum period. The cooling off period legally applies.

Not in this case it seems, and I've just had an email from O2 confirming this too. :( I guess the iPhone is too special. :roll:

yes you can plug the iphone into the tv but as with all apple extras you have to buy the lead seperate :mad:

Presumably the iPhone takes a standard headphone jack though? Surely?

Yes it does.

I think I'm just going to have to live with the fact that O2 prefer new customers to existing ones. I'm stuck with the iPhone until next year so by then maybe the N96 will have come out. :) Roll on 2009

Presumably the iPhone takes a standard headphone jack though? Surely?

yes but you still have to get a lead seperate where as with the n95 nokia pack it in the box f.o.c.

yes but you still have to get a lead seperate where as with the n95 nokia pack it in the box f.o.c.

No you dont any normal headphones fit

No you dont any normal headphones fit

headphones :confused::hihi: we are talking av tv leads

In the iPhone 3G box you get a USB lead, a charging adapter for the mains and headphones, which just happen to have a microphone built in as well. But as already said you can use any standard headphones with a standard 3.5" stereo jack plug if you don't need the microphone.

:thumbsup:

In the iPhone 3G box you get a USB lead, a charging adapter for the mains and headphones, which just happen to have a microphone built in as well. But as already said you can use any standard headphones with a standard 3.5" stereo jack plug if you don't need the microphone.

:thumbsup:

tv lead people TV LEAD not headphones :help:

Ok then for TV lead.

While the iphone does not come with a TV lead, you can go to Curries in any high street and purchase all manner of "docking devices" with speakers and charging, or USB hubs from as little as 15 quid, and some of them have TV or S-VIDEO out connectors.

It might be inconvenient for some people that such a lead is not included, but I would have thought that few people would need such a connection.

Ok then for TV lead.

While the iphone does not come with a TV lead, you can go to Curries in any high street and purchase all manner of "docking devices" with speakers and charging, or USB hubs from as little as 15 quid, and some of them have TV or S-VIDEO out connectors.

It might be inconvenient for some people that such a lead is not included, but I would have thought that few people would need such a connection.

i really hate to quote myself but

people buy the tv lead because you can buy a film or tv show from the itunes store they might like to watch it on a tv rather than a touch/iphone

I'll have to say I have been so entertained with my new iphone which I got from meadowhall on saturday after advice from this thread, that I haven't even used it once for texting or telephoning yet.

It is so clever and well designed, with hundreds of apps available, I have been amazing friends and family with it ever since. The built in google earth thing is amazing. Basically like a sat nav machine but using google earth. You press a button and it tells you where you are with either a street map or a sattelite image with its built in gps thingy.

The youtube console is also amazing, basically amaze an older person with asking them for their favourite song and artist and 30 seconds later you are playing them a video of the very artist playing their favourite song.

It is more like a portable customised internet multimedia device than a phone. And it fits perfectly in a pocket. Any smaller and the screen would be too small, and larger and it would be too big for a pocket.

The only thing that is annoying me so far is I cannot work out how I can copy my contacts from my old phone and onto my iphone without copying several hundred unwanted e-mail contacts from my PC as well onto it.