Who's getting a New iPhone 3G upgrade?

Just a warning to anyone who thinks they are going out to get an iPhone 3G on launchday today.

SOLD OUT.

It seems that all the shops only got about 12 units each and they have all gone.

HOORAY i got mine !

although i went to a small store at worksop instead of meadowhall

they had 10 ! i was 5th in the queue at 730am

altho.... i signed everything for an upgrade opened the box

but when they tried to activate it the system crashed !

they tried again for an hour.....

put my name on it and said come back later today to collect

it looked nice and the app store looked good

looking forward to my 3G and GPS and improved software

Well I was first in line at O2 in meadowhall got my 16gig there and then its a lot better than the V1 functionally and the systems went down as I was leaving.

Meadowhall only had 6 16gigs and I got one of them.

Got mine from meadowhall this afternoon and so far i'm loving it

Battery life, shocking.

No native MMS support (afaik)

brick-like size for a mobile phone

£100 on a £35/month contract? So, in the schemes of contract mobile phone prices, still one of the most expensive on the market, short of maybe 1 WM6.1 device (don't let Steve Jobs sly smile convince you you're getting a bargain, seriously)

Shocking camera

Unless you jailbreak (and thus void warranty) no opportunity to install unsigned (read: free) apps.

Wait, you people still want this?

I could continue, but Apple fanboys are the most pig-headed of technology buyers. I mean, look, the lot of you paid through your noses for a phone that didn't even have 3g support!

agree with u.

best thing abt apple is their marketing...they don't actually deliver quality when u take the price into consideration

Just a warning to anyone who thinks they are going out to get an iPhone 3G on launchday today.

SOLD OUT.

It seems that all the shops only got about 12 units each and they have all gone.

its a marketing ploy...apple have simply created scarcity in the media so the unthinking zombies start queing outside their stores.

its worked well for them.

apple store in meadowhall..tel 0114 212 1000...have plenty...but u have to sign a new contract.

same goes for o2...plenty in stock so long as u commit for a further year.

I got my iPhone yesterday, upgraded from an N95 and I'm already bored with it. The bluetooth capbility is practically zero as it'll only connect to hands-free devices and there's no chance of connecting to another phone. Tried it, fails every time. Going from a 5mp camera back to a 2mp camera hurts as I use the camera quite alot for video and general shooting. My N95 takes lovely sharp pictures and the iPhone, well, it's just a basic snapper with no other functions on it.

I'm going to have a chat with a mate of mine who's had an iPhone for a good few months now but unless he can do some serious convincing it's going back to O2 in exchange for the N95 8GB. Sorry Apple but you've alot of catching up to do. Shiny doesn't make up for the lack of function. Shame really as it's a pretty little toy. :(

I got my iPhone yesterday, upgraded from an N95 and I'm already bored with it. The bluetooth capbility is practically zero as it'll only connect to hands-free devices and there's no chance of connecting to another phone. Tried it, fails every time. Going from a 5mp camera back to a 2mp camera hurts as I use the camera quite alot for video and general shooting. My N95 takes lovely sharp pictures and the iPhone, well, it's just a basic snapper with no other functions on it.

I'm going to have a chat with a mate of mine who's had an iPhone for a good few months now but unless he can do some serious convincing it's going back to O2 in exchange for the N95 8GB. Sorry Apple but you've alot of catching up to do. Shiny doesn't make up for the lack of function. Shame really as it's a pretty little toy. :(

Perhaps you not using it to it's full potential

I'm out n about now on 3g and it works like a dream !

Also if you have videos converted and photos and your albums on cover flow it is an awesome multimedia device

Have u tried gps and app store yet ?

Don't u just love the texting in messenger style ?

I'm well impressed it just runs so smoothly !

its a marketing ploy...apple have simply created scarcity in the media so the unthinking zombies start queing outside their stores.

its worked well for them.

apple store in meadowhall..tel 0114 212 1000...have plenty...but u have to sign a new contract.

same goes for o2...plenty in stock so long as u commit for a further year.

I'm sorry, but I am not about to waste 3 hours going and returning through the congestion of the hell of meadowhall shopping centre only to find that they have sold out.

The phone number is useless because there is nobody answering.

The website has no useful information about stock levels.

Unless someone can catagorically state that they have 1000 units in stock and I am not going to waste 3 hours of my day then I think I will give that one a miss.

Perhaps you not using it to it's full potential

I'm out n about now on 3g and it works like a dream !

Also if you have videos converted and photos and your albums on cover flow it is an awesome multimedia device

Have u tried gps and app store yet ?

Don't u just love the texting in messenger style ?

I'm well impressed it just runs so smoothly !

Yes it does run smoothly and it's an attractive piece of kit but I already miss my N95 and my 5mp camera and the bluetooth is pretty much non-existant. :roll: I'm sure this phone is ideal for some folks but it really isn't the phone for me.

I have just been into Meadowhell to speak to both O2 and Apple about the iPhone. Apple say there's going to be no upgrade to the iPhone's bluetooth functions as it's disabled purposely to restrict iTunes file transfers.....meh.....and on hearing this I went straight over to O2 to ask if I could give it back since I'd only just upgraded. The answer I got was,

'If you'd bought it new and signed a new contract as a new customer then you get the 14 day guarantee that allows you to give it back. However since it was an upgrade and you're an existing customer you don't get the 14 day guarantee. We do have demo phones for that very reason sir.'

Ok, there's demo phones there that both NEW customers and EXISTING customers can use to see if they like the phone but only NEW customers can give it back after they've took it home and decide they don't like it after all. Existing customers who've been paying them cash for the last 12-24 months or however long are simply stuck with it if they don't like it. Nice! :rant:

I've come home to reset my iPhone to it's original factory settings, pack everything away in it's box, pick up my copy of the contract and get back over to argue the toss with a manager if I can find one. If they still refuse then I'll be cancelling my contract with them. This new customer vs existing customer policy thing really is disgusting. :(

They had some left when I got it yesterday. Probably still do, it's not THAT busy down there. :) You might even see me arguing if you go in about an hour. :hihi: