Who's getting a New iPhone 3G upgrade?

As with all Apple devices there is a matter of form over function, which is hard to argue.

Steve Jobs should start a religion, he already has so many disciples.

I'm not a great fan of the N95 either tbh, and my next phone is going to be a Blackberry, for the hardware keyboard.

Can't wait for the Blackberry Bold but will have to sell my left arm to get hold of one.

people got more money than sense if your going pay what they want each month e.g £99 for phone then £35 a month to get 600 mins and 500 txts. i pay same and get 600 mins and unlimited txts.

and i wouldnt want to send 500 txts on that phone takes a hour to send one. need to have stick fingers you press one key and it presses the one next to it at same time

I heard they were shoddy when tyring to do things like txt etc, I bet its the same when surfing when trying to type addys!!

Im looking forward to the newer phones i.e N96 which will push technology forward, not sit still

...Im looking forward to the newer phones i.e N96 which will push technology forward, not sit still

Hoping to get a 96 before too long :)

I have recently sold my N95 on ebay - fortunately there are still people around who rate it very highly so I got a very good price for it. Personally, I didn't like it very much - I agree the camera was pretty good and the radio and music playback were also decent but a real drain on the battery.The battery life was extremely poor - I had to charge it every day and was even worse if I actually made any calls on it! Initially I thought that Nokia were being very generous by providing a car charger but I soon realised that this is a necessity with the phone because its battery life is so abysmal! In addition to this, the web surfing was awful due to the poor screen size and navigating the little arrow around used to drive me insane. Other problems included the complete con that was "GPS" (you have to pay extra for a really slow service) and the fact that it kept freezing on me and needed powering off and restarting all the time. I really used to rate Nokia for their great interfaces (I defected to Motorola for a while for the V3, V3i and K1) but after my recent experience with the N95 I think I'll steer well clear for a while.

As far as the iPhone 3G is concerned, I think I'll give it a go. I pay for a £45 contract anyway. I have a 16G ipod touch and love using it, so to have my phone built into it would be a bonus for me as I usually carry my ipod with me anyway (and the N95 was hardly pocket sized!). Sure, the 3G version is the one that Apple should have released last year, the camera spec is poor, it doesn't do video or video calling, GPS is 2-D maps only etc. etc. but it seems like a better deal than the early adopters of the first iphone got. O2 can now subsidise the cost of the phone so it isn't £300 or whatever it was last year.

At the end of the day, a phones is a phone - it has to be able to make and receive calls - all this extra stuff is what we have become used to as companies push technology boundaries and encourage us to spend more money and introduce more reasons to upgrade to a new phone every year. Are any of these phone cameras with all their "Carl Zeiss" lens nonsense actually better than a digital camera made by a good camera company?? Do they do sat-nav better than Tom Tom? No.

The iphone 3G is far from perfect and there are many features that I would have liked to see. However, I like the ipod touch user interface and think that the touch screen works very well. So I will have a phone and itouch all-in-one plus the ability to surf the net when I'm away from home without incurring the ridiculous charges that the hotels want to charge me - all on a stable operating system that doesn't keep freezing on me.

There are a load of new smartphones on their way but most of them use some form of mobile Windows interface which puts me off immediately. Plus reading some of the magazine reviews already, none of these quite deliver what they initially promised either..................

Stores open at 8:02am tommorow hurry hurry hurry!

Aleast the price of my E90 will go down if everyone buys the iphone - and thanks for that :)

Stores open at 8:02am tommorow hurry hurry hurry!

Aleast the price of my E90 will go down if everyone buys the iphone - and thanks for that :)

ive read that all the phones sold out ages ago by internet pre orders so if you havnt allready ordered one dont waste your time going :loopy: