Who's getting a New iPhone 3G upgrade?

IMHO iPhone has got great touch screen, by far the best on the market, it's capacitive rather than resistive (as most other touchscreens are). This means, bizarrely, that it won't work if you're wearing gloves, I believe, or if you wanted to use a stylus.

People, since the iPhone was released, now complain about resistive touchscreens on WM devices (ie. HTC and their many reincarnations), without realising they'd lose their precious stylii if the manufacturer took the plunge.

Mmm, tangent.

My thoughts exactly CM :)

Got my N95 over a year ago and the iPhone is still playing catch up. Ok it's got a shiny interface, but I want a device that does stuff not just look nice :)

LMAO :hihi:

apart from the camera on the n95 iPhone 3G walks all over it and the new version has app store with lots of free apps

not to mention all the other apps if jailbroke

and its a useable device with great internet and e-mail interface

unlike the unuseable small screen and crap symbian OS of a nokia with cut down internet screens

LMAO :hihi:

apart from the camera on the n95 iPhone 3G walks all over it and the new version has app store with lots of free apps

not to mention all the other apps if jailbroke

and its a useable device with great internet and e-mail interface

unlike the unuseable small screen and crap symbian OS of a nokia with cut down internet screens

My comment about playing catchup is true... iPhone 3G is a new phone with *new* features to have the same feature set of a phone that is over 12 months old.

As for appStore, I'd rather have the ability to install free or paid for apps I have aquired from the internet. Much wider selection I than appStore I suggest.

No A2DP bluetooth profile? Couldn't work out from spec list wether it had that ot not.

8Gb or 16Gb capacity options, the current N95 is 8Gb. So I guess you could give the 16Gb iPhone the advantage there.

I have been quite happily using internet and email on my N95 for the last 12 months with no problem. Why you think it is unusable is beyond me.

'crap' symbian OS? It works for me.

iPhone has a larger screen? Maybe it does, but I like being able to fit my phone in my pocket ;) Not sure I'd want a phone any bigger than my 95, and that is borderline too big but the features make up for it.

The camera on the N95 is lovely, I use it quite a bit.

Impression I have of iPhone is that it looks pretty, with a nice interface. But the feature set doesn't live up to the hype. People seem to think it's the first device with all these features, it isn't.

Can you actually name any features of the iPhone that I might want/need that my n95 doesn't?

Anyway... back on topic, I wont be getting the iPhone 'upgrade' :)

Can you actually name any features of the iPhone that I might want/need that my n95 doesn't?

ermmm... a decent touch screen that has amazing quality video playback !

had the n95 arguement with a few people

lets just say the iPhone is more multimedia and a excellent graphical interface

and the N95 is a good all rounder but not what i want out of a phone/multimedia device

i watch a lot of videos, photos n music on mine and use the web instead of my laptop regularly

thanks for your views tho..... :thumbsup:

P.S. i had an N95 and upgraded

i also had a touchscreen LG and windows mobile devices which were not as good....... for me

Having had the N95 for a year now, and my ipod touch for 6 months, i can happily make some comparisons:-

N95 yes has a fantastic camera, however, thats the only good bit that beats the iphone

iphone, FANTASTIC for internet/music/films/contacts/google maps, need i go on, at the end of the day, yes the iphone only has a 2meg camera, so what, take the picture and bloody e-mail it, its FREE, no mms charges, and with mms, you cannot send a 2 meg pic, it resizes it, with e-mail, no problem!!!

Now it will have 3g, then that gives 38k internet access, ahh i hear you cry, no hsdpa, oh get a life, at 38k, you are NOT going to notice the difference, coz remember when you send summat at home online, its usually sending at 25k anyway.

To sum up, i will still keep my N95 for when i want the quality, but for everyday useage, the iphone is going to win hands down as its the first phone that allows you to do so many things instead of a phone just having 1 killer feature

I had a think about upgrading from N95 to the new Iphone, but have decided against it.

1. the level of technology is low in an Iphone, as already stated the n95 is over 1year old and has all the 'new features' the iphone is boasting.

2. My upgrade isnt due untill the end of the year and by this time there will certainley be way more advanced phones on the marked dvb tuners etc.

3. I dont need a brick

I could continue but all I have to say is the 'new' Iphone has only just managed to catch up to technology's over a year old!! Not a good move by apple, but as with the Mp3 players i.e archos, creative etc. apple likes to use other companies ideas, but not create cutting edge technology. But its fine if you like shiny things!!

I'm thinking that the ebay price of old iPhones, and N95's might start to come down from 11th July when the new iPhone comes out:)

N95 price will be coming down already with the N96 ;)

I'm thinking that the ebay price of old iPhones, and N95's might start to come down from 11th July when the new iPhone comes out:)

i sold my old iphone at a 2nd hand shop for £150 he advertised it at £200

I'm getting a 3G 16gb iPhone next friday.. can't wait.. wanted one since the first version was launched a year ago but have been stuck in a virgin mobile contract.. I can't wait, it looks sooooo cool. :D:D:D

I had a think about upgrading from N95 to the new Iphone, but have decided against it.

1. the level of technology is low in an Iphone, as already stated the n95 is over 1year old and has all the 'new features' the iphone is boasting.

2. My upgrade isnt due untill the end of the year and by this time there will certainley be way more advanced phones on the marked dvb tuners etc.

3. I dont need a brick

I could continue but all I have to say is the 'new' Iphone has only just managed to catch up to technology's over a year old!! Not a good move by apple, but as with the Mp3 players i.e archos, creative etc. apple likes to use other companies ideas, but not create cutting edge technology. But its fine if you like shiny things!!

The N95 is the brick of phones. I have used both, but own neither.

The N95 along with other N Series phones are buggy & slow, even firmware upgrades don't rectify this. The one strength of the Nokia is it's camera but like most it still doesn't come close to a decent compact digital.

As for the Iphone the UI is impressive, as it's screen. The sound is good but not what I'd call mindblowing.

If I had the choice I'd go for the Iphone.