Les and Betty Vickers

must mention one hilarious, occasion, betty,cindy,christine, myself and all our kids went to bakewell market we bought a donkey that the kids had fallen for,we had gone there in les and betty's rolls, it being the only transport we had, we all piled in,adults,5 kids,donkey and all, the donkey was sick all over but we eventualy made it back to stoke hall.we could not stop laughing at what we'd done ,later the whole incident was written up in the star

sent you private message

must mention one hilarious, occasion, betty,cindy,christine, myself and all our kids went to bakewell market we bought a donkey that the kids had fallen for,we had gone there in les and betty's rolls, it being the only transport we had, we all piled in,adults,5 kids,donkey and all, the donkey was sick all over but we eventualy made it back to stoke hall.we could not stop laughing at what we'd done ,later the whole incident was written up in the star

sent you private message

Sue Burnham and I worked at Fiveways in the summer of 76, Mick Lee re opened the place after a fire. He was working for Les and Betty, In november that year Mick moved to the Mulberry Tavern and re opened that and Sue, Steve Cheetham a girl called Judith and me went with him. Sue and Judith were strikingly pretty, Mick used to say that they wer worth a barrel each a week in takings. Mick is still around but not in the trade anymore, what I would love to know is what happened to Les and betty Vickers?

and

I am not sure what happened to them 1 story says the went to Burnuda and another that they bought a clum with cindy in Doncaster

but they will both quiet old now if still with us

I heard Harold Pressley and a few others lost a few quid in one on Les's business ideas just before Harold died in Thailand.

I heard Harold Pressley and a few others lost a few quid in one on Les's business ideas just before Harold died in Thailand.
well Harold was a wheeler dealer so easy come easy go

Last time i saw them was about 15 yeas ago at Doncaster races on Leger day. Betty was looking good. Les was looking like Les.

Last time i saw them was about 15 yeas ago at Doncaster races on Leger day. Betty was looking good. Les was looking like Les.

Betty allways looked good poor old Les he did not care used to wear suits with burn holes and holes in his shoes he did not care

well Harold was a wheeler dealer so easy come easy go

Thanks Ron nice comment I'm Harold's son losing your father and best friend at 20 years old I can assure you isn't easy my son and daughter never met him but you know easy come easy go!

---------- Post added 12-03-2016 at 21:33 ----------

Thanks Ron nice comment I'm Harold's son losing your father and best friend at 20 years old I can assure you isn't easy my son and daughter never met him but you know easy come easy go!

Just so you all know he might of been a wheeler dealer but a brilliant bloke who taught me everything i know can't have been too bad my business turned over 4million last year

Edited by jpressley
change

---------- Post added 12-03-2016 at 21:33 ----------

Just so you all know he might of been a wheeler dealer but a brilliant bloke who taught me everything i know can't have been too bad my business turned over 4million last year

Well you must have his brains as he was always looking for the next deal and and always has a smile

worked in his yard at darnall shearing metal for tony ray ? anyway went out with one of his drivers to Vickers nightclub and me not knowing who les was said to my mate sam "whos let the tramp in" turned out to be yes you guessed it les :o

Les and Betty bought Rooftops and Casanovas in around 1991. They then bought Revolution in Sheffield. Sold them both for a massive profit. Bought the white horse in Aberford Leeds.  Sold that and moved to Spain.  Believe the had a bar there.

On 05/08/2011 at 00:11, orielanne said:

Henry taught my 10yr old daughter all 40 verses of Eskimo Nell and Kiplings "theres a little yellow idol to the north of Katmandu".

There's a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Khatmandu,
There's a little marble cross below the town;
There's a broken-hearted woman tends the grave of Mad Carew,
And the Yellow God forever gazes down.

etc.

wasn't by Kipling, but J Milton Hayes