Singing lessons?

At St Mary's Church,Bramall Lane - just launched Marys Marvellous Social Club. Lots of activities all through the week from singing sessions, dance, exercise and computers!

Call 0114 2230223 for details :)

Hi LadyDoom,

I run a singing school in Sheffield centre offering one to one tuition in pop/rock/jazz/musical theatre. Lessons are priced at £22.50 per hour. If you would like to have a 'no obligations' chat, feel free to give me a call on 07862247482.

Best wishes,

Kate

I think there is a woman based at yellow arch who offers signing lessons, sorry thats really vague, I just remember hearing about it.

p.s. im in the same boat, i HATE having to record my voice..but to get the melody spot on in a song i have to do it....very cringeworthy!

Hi there,

Thank you for recommending me as a vocal tutor to BasilRathbon.

Yes, I am based at Yellow Arch and if there is anything I can help you with, then please get in touch.

Cheers,

Ali

There hasn't been a "singing lessons" thread for over a year, but this was before the "musicians" group came into being, so I thought it seemed worth starting a new one specific to this part of the forum.

Anyway, I'm mildly curious about having a few lessons and wondered if anyone could recommend a singing teacher in the Sheffield area. I don't want to sing professionally or even at karaoke, I just want to be able to hold a tune so that when i am working with proper singers i can record a demo with a rough 'guide vocal'. At present the only way I can make my singing voice tolerable is to process it to within an inch of its life with Autotune, but I'd like to be able to sing my own compositions just well enough for people not to cringe when I play them back!

Any suggestions?

Hi there,

I noticed that I was recommended to you as a vocal tutor so...

If you're still looking, then please get in touch - 0771 3608464

Cheers,

Ali

I used this guy and he's great

Paul Newman, *

Singing Lessons, Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Voice Teacher.

Suits beginners, relaxed friendly tuition.

Tel 07707743618

[email protected]

lol my driving instructor is called Paul Newman - multi talented guy or what??

Singing is the way to go, everyone wants to be a diva at heart!