Speeding driver causes damage to a citizen's car!

Since the neither the police nor yourself have got the number or any details of this car I don't see how this heinous crime can be investigated but there is certainly no way a police car is going to get involved in a chase around a residential area to catch the villain. Unfortunately people do sometimes knock mirrors off which is a pain in the a*** but your friend is now going to have to buy another one (try eBay) and in the future should turn the mirrors inwards when parking.

Since the neither the police nor yourself have got the number or any details of this car I don't see how this heinous crime can be investigated but there is certainly no way a police car is going to get involved in a chase around a residential area to catch the villain. Unfortunately people do sometimes knock mirrors off which is a pain in the a*** but your friend is now going to have to buy another one (try eBay) and in the future should turn the mirrors inwards when parking.

Your right. It's all my friends fault for not moving his wing mirrors inwards when leaving the car. How silly of him!! What about sports cars who's mirros are static? Is it there fault for buying the car? I didnt ask them to chase the car, simply go after them would have done just fine!

Your right. It's all my friends fault for not moving his wing mirrors inwards when leaving the car. How silly of him!! What about sports cars who's mirros are static? Is it there fault for buying the car? I didnt ask them to chase the car, simply go after them would have done just fine!
I didn't say it was your friends fault, Is said that this happening is a pain in the a***, I think you need to chill out a bit.

Since the neither the police nor yourself have got the number or any details of this car I don't see how this heinous crime can be investigated ....

Simple -

1. I inform the police of what happened within about 10 seconds of it happening.

2. Police officer gets in car, starts engine and follows the car.

3. Police officer stops the car and takes all the details including their insurance company.

4. Investigation over. It was an easy one really.

Simple -

1. I inform the police of what happened within about 10 seconds of it happening.

2. Police officer gets in car, starts engine and follows the car.

3. Police officer stops the car and takes all the details including their insurance company.

4. Investigation over. It was an easy one really.

But they were doing something something else at the time which may have been more important. If you as an upstanding citizen and good friend had taken the number of the car, that would have been more helpful. You're just blaming the police for your own failings in this instance.

But they were doing something something else at the time which may have been more important. If you as an upstanding citizen and good friend had taken the number of the car, that would have been more helpful. You're just blaming the police for your own failings in this instance.

1. do you know me? Didnt think so (who said I was an upstanding citizen)

2. If I crash into someone but drive off really quick and no one gets my number plate then you are saying I dont need to report it as its on the other person to get my details? Is this correct?

What planet do you live on if you dont mind me asking

I am with the OP here... he reported a crime and nothing was done, at all. No advice, not even a shout on the radio. It doesnt exactly fill you with confidence, does it?

1. do you know me? Didnt think so (who said I was an upstanding citizen)

2. If I crash into someone but drive off really quick and no one gets my number plate then you are saying I dont need to report it as its on the other person to get my details? Is this correct?

What planet do you live on if you dont mind me asking

I live on a planet where I know that some crimes cannot be solved. I'm sorry that I suggested you are an upstanding citizen if you aren't but if that's the case you need to consider whether or not the police can be bothered helping anyway. It's 2 way traffic and if you took the attitude with them that you seem to do here they just won't do anything sometimes.

I live on a planet where I know that some crimes cannot be solved. I'm sorry that I suggested you are an upstanding citizen if you aren't but if that's the case you need to consider whether or not the police can be bothered helping anyway. It's 2 way traffic and if you took the attitude with them that you seem to do here they just won't do anything sometimes.

So the police only help certain people? I understand now.

Who said I had an attitude?

You argument is on its bum!

You work for SYP?

Thank you Stormy. I was beginning to think it was me in the wrong in all of this!

Nah, its just all the usual suspects swarming in.

The Police in Sheffield are a total waste of space in Sheffield which is a fact.

No it's not a fact - it's your opinion and is based on perhaps very little knowledge and worthwhile experience..

So the police only help certain people? I understand now.

Who said I had an attitude?

You argument is on its bum!

You work for SYP?

No, I grumble about the police all the time I think they do a lot of things wrong but I think that there are some instances when they can't do much and this must be one of them. You should have taken their reg number and/or followed the car, you're just presuming that police would have ago at you when they probably wouldn't have done.

I followed a vehicle for over 15 miles a few weeks ago that had run into me without stopping and then got the police out, they didn't do anything to me and are prosecuting him.