Buses blocking view of Ecclesall road.

Does anyone else have the same problem as me, every morning around 7.20 to 7.35 I drive up Bannerdale road and want to turn right onto Ecclesall road.

There is always at least one if not two sationary buses at the bus stop on Eccelsall road. I can't see past them to know when to pull out!!

The road isn't that busy at that time in the morning but the buses being there means that you have to pull out over the first lane of traffic to be able to see past the buses so you know when its safe to pull out.

Iam assuming they are school buses at the risk of sounding flipant if you are concerned could you change your route so you dont do the turn at that junction

You could park on Bannerdale Road, and go and catch one of the buses.

no they are not school buses, and unfortunalty because i work in the care in the community field i need my car for work.

I didnt say dont use your car I said find another route.

If they are regualry causing a problem write to the operator andor the PTE

My response wasn't really aimed at anyone...i am just a bit feb up with it every day and yes i could go a different route but that would mean going along way out of my way to aviod it.

It is a problem for people trying to cross the road as well as car uses. all of the traffic has to move over into the one lane.

I have talked to the YPTE and they are looking into it, apparently they have been told by stagecoach that they have regular complaints but that the Traffic commisioner has told the bus company that they need to stay put somewhere to make sure that they don't run early on the route.

My response wasn't really aimed at anyone...i am just a bit feb up with it every day and yes i could go a different route but that would mean going along way out of my way to aviod it.

It is a problem for people trying to cross the road as well as car uses. all of the traffic has to move over into the one lane.

I have talked to the YPTE and they are looking into it, apparently they have been told by stagecoach that they have regular complaints but that the Traffic commisioner has told the bus company that they need to stay put somewhere to make sure that they don't run early on the route.

are you saying that the bus stop is a point time?

I don't know because i don't know what a point time is.

I don't know because i don't know what a point time is.

a point time.......bus routes are broken up in to segments, when the driver reaches a time point if he is early he waits at that point till the time he should pass that point then he continues to the next point time.

you need to go back to the pte and the commisoner if this is a genuine safety issue and get the local councillors involved if there is a safety issue

Come and live in Hillsborough... then you'd soon get used to going a long way out of your way every day. :mad:

Sounds like poor road layout. I'm sure someone is specifically employed by the council to redesign roads in Sheffield to ensure they are a death trap of a minimum standard!