Get Ready to Rock

GUITAR HERO AT WEST STREET LIVE

We have had many a guitar hero at west street live but

NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!

Every Monday until November you get the chance to play on west streets power packed stage in front of the big screen

So get down to West Street every Monday for your chance to win prizes and special drinks offers from 8pm

What we will be looking for :

Final game score

Accuracy

Stage presence

Dress

We will be starting with guitar hero 3 all tunes will be unlocked before the gig; we will chose your song you just have to keep up.

Scoring

Game

This includes the difficulty level chosen, how hard the song is, and the different

strumming or whammy bar techniques utilized.

Celebrity

Performers based on their Stage Presence. The ability

to work a crowd, put together a unique and thought-out set, and looks the part of a

rock star all play into the Stage Presence score. (Wigs fancy dress etc come on glam it up!)

Gaming

Accuracy of Performance. The players who

score highest will excel in this category, and the areas where players make

mistakes will be taken into account. For example, missing a note during a difficult solo will be penalized differently than missing the first note of the song.

Please use the registration card as you walk in and hand to Gary at the sound desk .

Games will begin 9pm on Mondays; after everyone played the top 2 will play off head to head

The winner receiving a Jack Daniels flask and t shirt with automatic entry in to the final on November 3rd

All winners will be entered into the hall of fame on the west street web site so you can keep an eye on scoring

Players may choose to enable 'Hyper Mode' before their performance. Players are entitled to choose difficulty level of their choice. Easier difficulty level and songs may result in lower scoring from the judges on the difficulty criteria. Players may choose right or left handed mode

There will be absolutely no form of cheating tolerated at this event. If a member is

caught cheating they will be immediately disqualified and removed from the Tournament Arena.

All competitors and spectators are required to act in a respectful sportsmanlike manner at all times. All scores are final, negative remarks will not be tolerated

Any violation of the Tournament rules will result in immediate removal from the Tournament Arena.

These rules are subject to be altered at the Tournament Director's Discretion.

There may be special circumstances where the Tournament Director will have to make a

decision in order to maintain Tournament integrity.

Crikey, all those rules; I thought it was supposed to be fun?!!

Think I'll just plug my Gibson Les Paul in at home and play the Real Thing.

(Actually I gave GH a go in York recently. As a former-drummer I found the drums a doddle; I couldn't get used to the strumming thingymagig on the 'guitar' though. And the singing was a breeze.)

Seriously, hope you have a cracking night.

But dont forget, we were here first with Guitar hero, every Wednesday at the Dove on the big screen with BIG SOUND to match.......

I see a pub challenge coming......

As for the rules posted above, they are basically to do with the scoring for the competition and nothing the player really needs to worry about.

sorry about all the rules and yes Gary nailed it on the head its just so we all know how we are going to score you guys.

(extra points if you bring backing singers e.g. Robert Palmer addicted to love ) :hihi:

The Dove will be upgrading its GUITAR HERO set up shortly, and introducing further great music based challenge games like ROCK BAND....yes, I too see a pub challenge coming on.....

To make it easier to get you up to speed (also if your bored at work) I have put a nice short game of guitar hero on the website so you can play anytime

:hihi:

P.s if the boss comes hit the panic button

http://www.weststreetlive.com/16.html

What about air guitar?

Just joking, but I am loving the air guitar championships atm! I want my friend to enter as I know she'd win the trip to finland!

As per the original post, guitar hero is tomorrow night at west st live, then wednesday at the dove and rainbow...