Roman ridge and the horse shoe pubs

Where the Roman Ridge used to be is the land the doctors surgery is is moving to in the near future when they get the funding for the new surgery

Roman Ridge was on wincobank avenue, near to the flats it got demolished and has been an empty space for ages, The Horse Shoe was on Bellhouse Rd near concord park also got demolished, used to have large hut as the

function room next to it , which was a second hand shop later on, now flats have been built there. Fort Hill pub is on Fort Hill, wincobank. dont know what its like now not been since i was a kid. (many moons ago)

I live on Wincobank Ave, the site of the Roman Ridge was cleared last week,the Bluebell Medical centre, a new building is I believe being built on there

i worked on flower estate late 70s we used to go in ridge every dinner time i remember you could get 3 cans for a quid met some great people round there rough and ready good times

Glad we're back on topic, what on earth has this thread got to with football?

In the 80's whenever you went in the Horsehoe it was packed, can't understand why it closed? In comparison, the Wharncliffe is the only pub I've ever seen a fight on Christmas Day lunchtime!!

i remember once when some trouble kicked off (again:hihi:) and the police were called one old boy came in and said to the copper your panda car is on its roof .the copper ignored what he said and when he came to leave sure enough the car was on its roof :hihi:

I lived on Maple Croft Rd 1968 -1976 & went in Roman Ridge one or two evenings a week. Found it & enjoyable & freindly place. Sad to see its gone.

i went in the shoe from 1970 till it closed. [went home for some tea of course]. i played and then ran the football team and played for the snooker team. a great pub. where do the local young lads go now as most of the pubs have now gone. it's all a bit sad really.

i went in the shoe from 1970 till it closed. [went home for some tea of course]. i played and then ran the football team and played for the snooker team. a great pub. where do the local young lads go now as most of the pubs have now gone. it's all a bit sad really.

Diane that worked there with Tommy green passed away last week...

I used to be landlord there in the 80s.

was you land lord when we used to get changed in the garage for football

for Acheson juniors ??

I lived on Maple Croft Crescent and used to go in the Ridge on a regular basis until 1979 when I moved away from Sheffield. It was such a busy pub back then, the beer was delivered by tanker so it must have had a good turnover. I was amazed to learn it had closed and had been demolished.

When I was a regular it was run by a young couple, Jack and Lynda.

Diane that worked there with Tommy green passed away last week...

Anybody remember Graham Downs ex council worker and doorman at the Horseshoe and now know of his whereabouts.

Anybody remember Graham Downs ex council worker and doorman at the Horseshoe and now know of his whereabouts.
if its the one im thinking about big graham with the beard goes in hartly house