Playstation 3 console

I am looking to buy a playstation 3 and have been informed that there is one available that you can play playstation 2 games on as well. Anyone know which one this is and if so where i might be able to purchase one from Thanks

You'd need a 60GB model for this and they are not made for sale any more in the UK, so you'd basically be looking at a second hand or scarce model, and paying plenty of dosh for it.

whats the difference between a 60mb and a 80mb. please excuse my ignorance re playstation consoles

It's not 60 Mb, it's 60 Gigabytes, which is 60000 Megabytes of memory, 1 Gig = 1000 Mb.

If you want the backward compatibility to PS2 games, you apparently need the 60 Gig version of PS3, which has been discontinued in the UK, so your only hope is either eBay or some other second hand means, either that or buy a cheap PS2 to play PS2 games on.

..either that or buy a cheap PS2 to play PS2 games on.

Which is actually the better option. A second hand PS2 won't set you back too much, and the 60Gb PS3 had problems playing some PS2 games anyway (was only limited backwards compatibility)

I opted for the 40Gb version and have both consoles hooked up to the TV. Only tend to use the PS2 for Buzz these days (and that will stop once it comes out for PS3).

If you really want a 60Gb one with backwards compatibility then check out CEX in town. They usually have some going second hand there.

Which is actually the better option. A second hand PS2 won't set you back too much, and the 60Gb PS3 had problems playing some PS2 games anyway (was only limited backwards compatibility)

I opted for the 40Gb version and have both consoles hooked up to the TV. Only tend to use the PS2 for Buzz these days (and that will stop once it comes out for PS3).

If you really want a 60Gb one with backwards compatibility then check out CEX in town. They usually have some going second hand there.

I nearly bought a PS2 for the Buzz games till I discovered Scene It was coming out 360 exclusive, to be honest though, after playing the hell out of it at first for the achievements, I haven't played it much for a bit, I live alone and nobody that comes round is much of a gamer, so nobody to play with for the multiplayer achievements.

It's not 60 Mb, it's 60 Gigabytes, which is 60000 Megabytes of memory, 1 Gig = 1000 Mb.

Come on if your gonna correct someone make sure you get the facts right!!! 1 gig = 1024Mb!!!

Come on if your gonna correct someone make sure you get the facts right!!! 1 gig = 1024Mb!!!

That is, unless you're a HDD manufacturer.

If you are sold a 500GB Hard disc, the manufacturer says

"500 x 1000 x 1000 x 1000 bytes" = 500,000,000,000 bytes = 500GB

What you get in fact is 500,000,000,000 bytes / 1024

= 488,281,250 kb /1024

= 476,837.158 MB / 1024

= 465.661 GB

So, between the shop/warehouses front door, and your computer, you lose 45GB storage space!

Your = you're.

Grammar, use it or lose it.

Really, is that what you have?? I was correcting your fact that was wrong, get over it!!

Err, you're both right. Sometimes I think my posts are invisible here

Please be aware that not ALL PS2 games are compatible with the UK 60GB PS3 as the UK version has software to run PS2 games where as the JAP 60GB version has hardware and does plays all PS2 games .... do a google search for PS2 games compatible on PS3

Col ..