Help, my cars electric window won't close

Howdy

The passenger window of my Renault Laguna won't shut (and its wide open).

Electric windows.

Any suggestions?

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP!

Yes get off the forum and sort it :)

Yes get off the forum and sort it :)

Husband sorting it (well trying)

If you have breakdown cover, phone them. I had same problem when the window came off its runners, and was surprised when Greenflag offered to take my car to secure storage overnight if they couldn't fix it (but they did!)

If you haven't got breakdown cover then that's not much use, sorry.

Olliekitten, this happened to me last year....put electric window down to flash my pass to lower the barrier to access the car park at work but when I pushed the button for it to come back up...nothing happened :confused:

Spoke to security man who allowed me to park in a disabled space in front of the building all day so I could work and not worry about it too much!

I made enquiries on the internet and discovered it would be either a fuse or the motor ....unfortunately it was the motor and it cost £200 to sort out!

:rolleyes::o

Is there any part of the window you can grab? If so, have one person pull UP on the window (put one hand on either side of the window and push hard if enough of the glass is showing) while the other person presses the window control inside the car up. My husband had an old pickup he refused to part with, and more than once I had one of my kids help mommy fix the window in daddy's truck when someone forgot and opened it.

&*^%$#@ electric windows!! :rant:

If you have breakdown cover, phone them. I had same problem when the window came off its runners, and was surprised when Greenflag offered to take my car to secure storage overnight if they couldn't fix it (but they did!)

If you haven't got breakdown cover then that's not much use, sorry.

Star, wouldnt have thought of that. AA is on its way.

Cheers everyone

Do the other windows open and close? if not, its a fuse or relay, see owners manual for location, if they do work, it will be either the switch or the motor, try removing switch and finding out which 2 of the (usually 4) wires performs closing and fire the motor by bypassing the switch itself (these switches usually have 6 wires, 2 in the centre of the switchgear which are usually live and earth and 4 on the 'outsides' 2 of which will open and 2 close the window as the switch is usually a reverse polarity type)

If the window goes down, reverse the polarity and it will go up, if it goes up-job done, if nothing happens, its the motor and if there is a massive explosion and fire and brimstone.................

Run for it.

let us know if the aa sorts it if not someone on here may have a empty garage you can borrow

This happened to ours last year and it was the motor. Hubby took the door panel off, anf managed to manually wind the window up. Bloody modern technology:hihi: