Gamestation on the Moor messed up my night :(

I thort only kids played these things guess not

Under the Sale of Goods Act, if a product has a price sticker on it, they LEGALLY have to sell it at the stickered price.

You can take that info to the Bank. Part of my NVQ Retail course years ago covered the trade laws, and these laws are still valid 11 years after I finished my course (and passed).

No no no. Wrong wrong wrong.

Nope adults play them too, it's a good way to relax (when they work) and it's an interesting way to get to know people across the world who like the same games as you.

start off dont bother with a ps3 apart from multi plats and mgs4 you wont have anything to play plus it looks like a george forman grill, anyway I had the same kinda situation a couple year back with blockbusters I bought the japanese grudge from them took it home to find it was a copy and a very bad copy so I took it back and asked for the manager she offered me a straight swap fair do's but I took it further and explained that I was going to take it to the police not bring it back as its illegal to sell copies and this has used up alot of my time marching back and forth, as soon as I mentioned police her eyes shot wide open and she offered me a swap plus any one item from the floor so I picked up the matrix boxset which cost alot at the time.

what im trying to say is get right in there especially when customers are in there the staff will panic and get the manager tell him all the fuss its caused and that you was thinking of contacting trading standards or something and ask for abit more compensation than just a swap theres no halm in asking if they say no it just makes them look horrible infront of everyone

Cheers ozzieowl, I will be going in and me and my OH will both be causing a fuss, already got a letter wrote to head office and the gamestation manager and I may tell them I'm contacting trading standards as surely this is against the codes of practice.

Wouldn't buy anything from there again if my life depended on it, and I make sure to let everyone I know know why, as I promised the manager the last time I went in :)

Bought my son a 'Brand New' Nintendo DS and paid brand new price, got it home, it had already been used, had someone elses details in, then developed a fault, took it back, got treat like crap, interogated then had my money thrown at me over the counter.

Also stinks of wee.

Under the Sale of Goods Act, if a product has a price sticker on it, they LEGALLY have to sell it at the stickered price.

You can take that info to the Bank. Part of my NVQ Retail course years ago covered the trade laws, and these laws are still valid 11 years after I finished my course (and passed).

That isn't true Rich, a price label is just an invitation to treat, they don't have to sell you anything if they don't want, they can just ask you to leave.

A product with a price on it that is part of the packaging is different and what you said is correct.

The largest segment of the gaming market is 20 - 35 men, with women catching up quite quickly.

It hasn't been a kids market for 10 years.

I think the sale only becomes a legally binding contract when the retailer actually takes payment for the item. If they refuse to take payment, there has been no sale, so there's no obligation to sell it for that price.

As long as a shop isn't being discriminatory (eg choosing to sell things only to white people, women or non-disabled people) they don't have to sell you anything - it's their choice!

Happy to be corrected though if someone can find a suitable link :)

No you are right, not sure if someone further along has told you this, i haven't read it all yet :hihi:

The largest segment of the gaming market is 20 - 35 men, with women catching up quite quickly.

It hasn't been a kids market for 10 years.

very true I thought that might of been obvious to most people seeing 99% of the triple A best selling games are 15+ age ratings but then again theres still alot of people out there with no interest in the gaming industry and still see it as the n64/mega drive era based nearly all round kids gaming my god how far its come since them days makes you wonder just how main stream it'll be in another 10yrs the wii's already in that market

i guess you bought it on credit anyway. why not buy a new one and pay for it outright. my 360gen 2 works great. and its paid for.

Nope, I don't own a credit card, don't want to get get one either so it was money we'd saved up. Would buy a new one but it's so much more but am thinking I may just get a refund in cash or back onto my debit card and just keep saving as although it will take longer it means I won't get messed around again.