Sheffield Festival of Transport

Sensible-Bus, you're right, you did say quality, my point is that if money can be made selling humble hotdogs and tins of pop, just imagine how much a stall selling quality products could make, also, the hotdogs were rubbish.

There is another problem there though, the grapevine has marked this event as a no-go for sellers of quality products as it is not an enthusiasts event and had been dumbed down. It is a vicious circle started by the greed of the organisers and has contributed to the events downfall.

I know of one Sheffield based dealer in collectors diecast models who although living a short distance from the park decided to have a day off as there was no prospect of getting a return on his outlay.

FREE....well done Sheffield.

I made a very lengthy observation concerning the £5 fee Sheffield charges for park events....pointing to the fact that I had just returned from Margate's Big Event....which is free. This year once again they had the Red Arrows and the Typhoon....and yes, once again it was free.

Glad to see that Sheffield is catching up :hihi:

Does anyone know if this will be happening again in 2010?

Thanks,

Ann

Does anyone know if this will be happening again in 2010?

Thanks,

Ann

Yes should think so but dont know when.

I have heard from a very good sourse that the show will not be on this year. Unfortunatly as we would of liked to of attended.

It's a no for this year. The Highland Fling Country Fair is on Monday 3rd May though, and it's free on foot, £3-00 for a car.

Edited by Lostrider

or you could attent the Sheffield Transport rally usually at Meadowhall around September time

This event is definatley

CANCELLED

it was cancelled by the organisors in November of last year , no reason was given.

Remember that the Chatsworth bus gathering will be held at Chatsworth on the 13th June

(See Chesterfield 123 Group web site for details - http://www.chesterfield123.org.uk/)

buses are parked at the house some of them are used on free local services , including routes to Bakewell.

There will also be a Bedford OB gathering held within this rally this year. The Beford OB was the classic coach of the 1940's/50s

The Meadowhall Rally will also be held on 19th september on Meadowhall Coach park

Edited by bus man
datesa and links added