Sheffield Festival of Transport

Here is the bus in question:

COMPACT838.jpg

Its the one on your left with 95 on the blind - although both bodies were made by alexander its the STD that will be at beighton

while you are admiring it please buy a raffle ticket from the stall to help with the huge costs of running amd maintaining a preserved bus.

The picture was taken earlier this month when 874 was returning from the millhouses festival in millhouses park

THANK YOU

(Hope the image comes up it is the first time I have down loaded onto this forum - why cant it be simple like other forums and allow you to down load from your computer )

I went and took my Morris Minor (first time), it was only £2 to enter the car and that got all those in the car in (Buses could have made a packet!!), you are supposed to stay from 10:30 to 16:30 tho!!

I agree on the £5 being high £2-3 would seem more reasonable, I think it was a little quiet due to the forecast/weather I wasn't sure whether to go or not.

I think I was in the wrong class (D - saloons 1955-69), my car is not too standard (Capri engine, sierra gearbox, MGF alloys, marina discs / servo...) and no where near concourse standard (had a bed, 3 lengths of solid wood worktop, a sofa and fridge freezer on the roof at different points this year and it regularly has mountain bikes in it.

All in all it was good, Mustangs and rodded Ford Pop's, shame about the lack of Delorean

I went and due to bad timing got totally soaked to the skin. Unfortunately having been to Goodwood Festival of Speed several times every other event I go to is a disappointment.

I went and took my Morris Minor (first time), it was only £2 to enter the car and that got all those in the car in (Buses could have made a packet!!), you are supposed to stay from 10:30 to 16:30 tho!!

I agree on the £5 being high £2-3 would seem more reasonable, I think it was a little quiet due to the forecast/weather I wasn't sure whether to go or not.

I think I was in the wrong class (D - saloons 1955-69), my car is not too standard (Capri engine, sierra gearbox, MGF alloys, marina discs / servo...) and no where near concourse standard (had a bed, 3 lengths of solid wood worktop, a sofa and fridge freezer on the roof at different points this year and it regularly has mountain bikes in it.

All in all it was good, Mustangs and rodded Ford Pop's, shame about the lack of Delorean

Think therre is a restriction on the number of people you take in even with a b us

Think therre is a restriction on the number of people you take in even with a b us

I thought there probably was...

P.s. I was very impressed by the bus, as was my girlfriend who lived on South road a few years back.

I went, blagged my way in from the animal park, bloody glad I didn't pay!

the steam festival at clumber park was better, sneaked in there too! and it felt better as it would have been £15!

According to this link :

http://www.whatsonwhen.com/sisp/index.htm?fx=event&event_id=93138

its june 2009 but no date given when the date appears in rally guides etc ill post it on here

28th June 2009

according to this site

http://www.eventsheffield.co.uk/search/?action=search&q=sheffield+transport+festival&startdate=&enddate=&venue=&postcode=&opts%5Bcharity_tag%5D=0&citycentre=0&opts%5Bfamily_tag%5D=0&opts%5Bfree%5D=0&x=0&y=0

Edited by bus man

our club had a stand there the year the football world cup was on, and some people were leaving the show ground early, the marshalls were taking pictures of the reg numbers and told the people leaving early that they wouldn't evar be allowed back in future years

you going? i think its a free event this year.

In order for me to attend this event the organisers would have to provide chauffeur driven transport, free high quality meals, £500 spending money and give me the company of 10 page three girls.

On second thoughts, that would not get me to go either.

Its crap and in my opinion should be avoided at all costs.

Others may have different views, but that is mine.

you going? i think its a free event this year.

When:

Jun 2009 (annual)

Where:

Graves Park

Cost:

£5; children free

Opening Hours:

10.30am-5pm