Kids not allowed in a pub for a meal

brilliant idea, I will be there tomorrow, their gain. no screaming kids to contend with, luxury!

I'm with you all the way. If you want hell on earth try the Chequers at Coal Aston. Kids shouting and screaming and dropping food all over the place.

It is a bit like the smoking issue. If pubs hadn't knocked out all the internal walls they would still have loads of small bars to cover all tastes.

A bar for smokers...a bar for non smokers

a bar for kids and a bar without kids.

They spoiled all the pubs and are now stuck with the consequences. I don't want to share my evening out with other folks kids. I think they should raise the drinking age to 21.:headbang:

They spoiled all the pubs and are now stuck with the consequences. I don't want to share my evening out with other folks kids. I think they should raise the drinking age to 21.:headbang:

But you wouldn't get in......:hihi:

I'm with you all the way. If you want hell on earth try the Chequers at Coal Aston. Kids shouting and screaming and dropping food all over the place
Somebody I know is adamant that if you allow kids in a food pub you should also allow dogs - the food kids spill on the floor is a real safety hazzard and on a busy sunday where a table isn't vacant for more than two seconds sweeping up is impossible!

If you just allow dogs, they do the hoovering up FAR more efficiently for you :D

What happened to the family sunday lunch at home? May be that people are better off or just cant stand being at home with the kids.

I'd like those big yellow signs to be positive rather than negative though

I'm sick to death of the whole 'No this or that allowed' way we seem to live these days. How about more 'kids welcome' and 'dogs welcome' signs?

Mind you, now we're all entrenched in a non-permissive society where we all want to impose rules on others whilst keeping our own freedom, we all want to dictate who else is allowed in a place, so such signs would be seen negatively by the industry :roll:

You just can't win can you? :rolleyes:

My bold

Nice idea, but wouldn't there have to be a hell of a lot more signs if pubs took this approach? Children welcome, dogs welcome, football kit welcome, work clothes welcome, dirty boots welcome, trainers welcome, walkers welcome, bikers welcome, etc, etc.

My neighbour has been taking her granddaughter out to eat - sometimes in cafes, sometimes in pubs - practically since birth. She is definitely not impressed by the behaviour of some of the other children in these places - her granddaughter has been taught that a cafe/pub is not a playground and that she has to stay at the table until everybody has finished their meal.

Of course, it's the parents at fault, not the children. If they're not taught how to behave properly in public, then how are they to know? Especially when you get the sort of moronic parent who starts gobbing off at you if you have the nerve to complain about the behaviour of their brat disturbing you!

which just brings me back to the 'every body welcome' concept - until they do make a nuisance of themselves, then they're asked to leave

we wouldn't have to hunt down 'no kids' pubs if kids weren't permitted to be brats, we just wouldn't notice them

if your objection to children being there is that you feel you have to modify your behaviour in some way, then perhaps it's you who should be asked to leave?

But you wouldn't get in......:hihi:

Honestly. I know I only look like a glamourous 17 year old, but I am infact a glamourous 24 year old.:hihi:

if your objection to children being there is that you feel you have to modify your behaviour in some way, then perhaps it's you who should be asked to leave?

I don't feel I need to modify my behaviour in any way. I am afterall just wanting to go out for a quiet peaceful pint. This I cannot do if there are a load of kids running around screamming abdabs.

Try walking back from the bar with 3 pints in your grasp...dead easy.

Now try it with half a dozen kids running around...not so easy.

Pubs are an adult environment. I have no problem with some pubs adding a kids room without beer pumps etc. It works well. But allowing kids in all pubs is utter madness.

I don't feel I need to modify my behaviour in any way. I am afterall just wanting to go out for a quiet peaceful pint. This I cannot do if there are a load of kids running around screamming abdabs.

Try walking back from the bar with 3 pints in your grasp...dead easy.

Now try it with half a dozen kids running around...not so easy.

Pubs are an adult environment. I have no problem with some pubs adding a kids room without beer pumps etc. It works well. But allowing kids in all pubs is utter madness.

I agree with you 101% People go to pubs to drink, and sometimes they have too much to drink, and things get out of control.

What happens if a fight breaks out or people start throwing things and the kids are in the way?

I have NEVER been an advocate of kids in pubs unless they are in a seperate area which is specifically designed for them and also monitored by the management to stop misuse by others.

I agree with you 101% People go to pubs to drink, and sometimes they have too much to drink, and things get out of control.

What happens if a fight breaks out or people start throwing things and the kids are in the way?

I have NEVER been an advocate of kids in pubs unless they are in a seperate area which is specifically designed for them and also monitored by the management to stop misuse by others.

I think it is more likely that the kids would cause the fight anyhow. Folk will be suggesting taking them to the betting shop next.

You seem to be advocating that getting drunk and fighting is ok!

Most people seem to avoid punch ups in pubs were children are allowed. On the continent children are allowed in 'pubs' but the adults don't let them run riot, nor do local chidren seem to be there any later than 7.30pm.

Why do we in Britain always seem to want legislation to tell us what to do, why can't we just act reasonably ourselves?

You seem to be advocating that getting drunk and fighting is ok!

I'd re read my post if I were you, I wasn't "advocating" anything of the kind ...

I said that sometimes people have too much to drink and things get out of control, which in my experience is true.

PLEASE read what is written rather than what you want to read.