Depressing music at Pond Street Bus station

The only thing worse than the music are the horribly patronising announcements which end with the most blood curdling 'tthhaannnkkkkyyyooouuuuuuuuuu' I have ever heard. If anyone thanks me like that face to face for anything in real life I shall slap them. seriously...

Some relaxing classical music (not the really heavy stuff) would be bliss when I'm waiting for a bus that is showing on the monitors as arriving now, but hasn't turned up. The monitor doesn't care, it just changes to the time of the next bus.... not really very helpful. :confused:

If I was in charge there, I'd use the customer service staff to keep waiting passengers updated with hold-ups etc. Any time I trot away from the stop to go to the central desk when my bus hasn't turned up - that's when it usually arrives. There's usually one or two in hi vis jackets but I'm not sure what their role is - it says Customer Service on their badges, but they don't do it pro-actively.... :o

Technically it was never called pond street bus station it was called central bus station indeed there was a sign with this on the former plat A/B - youwill still hear on the bus radio refrances to CBS

The public refered to it as pond street, there is of course pond hill running down the penny black side, pond street its self is now split the bit in front of the old poly and the bit outside the penny black towards commercial street bridge

Technically it was never called pond street bus station it was called central bus station indeed there was a sign with this on the former plat A/B - youwill still hear on the bus radio refrances to CBS

The public refered to it as pond street, there is of course pond hill running down the penny black side, pond street its self is now split the bit in front of the old poly and the bit outside the penny black towards commercial street bridge

Sheffield Corporation/Council books I have have it named Pond Street Bus Station. I have the ONE plan with it named CBS.

Ok, I am sad but I did actually complain about the music at Meadowhall Interchange. They had put on the same tape for over 6 months. At 7.20 am "Up Where We Belong" (Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes) would start droning on without fail, followed by "Sleeping Satellite" (Tasmin Archer) warbling remorselessly. It was grim - especially at that time in the morning, and my mental health was becoming an issue. Anyway, I complained and got no answer. BUT the music magically changed a few days later. So perhaps someone should be sad like me and complain to SY travel via their website?

I rather like having a bit of background music playing there - ok, they're not the greatest scores ever conducted, but it provides a little distraction from some of the psychos and freaks that seem to frequent the bus station from time to time. "No More I Love Yous" by Annie Lennox seems to be a regular favourite - being played as tearful couples part at the National Express stop..

That is correct.

It needs some real mournfull music at Rotherham Bus Station to stop the same problem as its a real Chav Paradise where it seems they encourage these scrotes to hang around seems to me.

There is already enough suicidal people use rotherham interchange, with all the suicides and attempted suicides, without having mournful music.

What music do they play at Sheffield interchange?

was there last week waiting for the overnight coach to London - ended up switching on the radio on my mobile.

It is designed to stop gangs of youths congretating in there it works.

I thought they set the rotties loose for that purpose.

Sheffield Corporation/Council books I have have it named Pond Street Bus Station. I have the ONE plan with it named CBS.

Operationaly it was known as central bus station must go into loft and find a old timetable