Eastgate Market Ingoldmells..Those Auction Vans

where abouts in sheffield is this

where abouts in sheffield is this

it's not Sheffield there on about it is Eastgate Market Ingoldmells..Those Auction Vans

Yes, as other posters have said, they exist because they exploit the foolish but also you'd think that the local authorities would want to protect holidaymakers, bringing money to their region, from scammers, wouldn't you? There's an element of misplaced trust in the authorities. If the local authorities don't want to protect holidaymakers from these people (and heaven knows they've been getting away with it for long enough) then holidaymakers should vote with their feet.

Im sure most people on SF have visited Eastgate market at ingoldmells

guess again

LOL, I still can't believe the crowd they draw who really think they are going to walk away with a Nokia, dvd player wii, etc. for £15/£20

They've been doing it for years, Way before I bought my old caravan there so must be about 7/8 years. The big bloke you are talking about who moves all those people on who try and warn the gullible public that it is a scam and all they will end up with for their £15/£20 is a cheap electric toothbrush used to work at the Happy Days site in Chapel St Leonards that should tell you how dodgy he is if nothing else! It amazes me to see silly people stood waving their notes in the air for a white plastic bag that they have no idea whats in it. Guess it's true what they say a fool and his money are easily parted!

Also - there is nothing anyone in authority can do about they as they are very careful what they say, They tell you what there might be in the bag but never say what is, All you are paying for is whatever is in the goodybag, there is no promise that it will be a wii, nokia, etc so that's the scam, you are paying for a surprise ...and you usually get it ;) .. and they probably feel too foolish to complain after that.

If anyone wants to know how these vans really work PM me and I will go into detail, the reason they have been on the market for 14 years now is the amount of rent Woody charges them aprox £400 a day peak season.(I worked on the 1st van there for 4 seasons and for 3 years previous to that doing halls etc.) The people who still run the vans are friends of mine, the only people who get "conned" are greedy people.

PS I always got a refund.

I have stood there a number of times and watched this 'men' work. Basically they get you to buy something for £20 then they ask you if you trust them etc.. I have seen them take £200+ off people for stuff. He says to them 'cash or card' then he even waits for you to go to the cash point to get the money to get aload of poop. I would never buy owt from there.

The electrical stuff is the returns that people have sent back or display models.

they make the money by making would be winners buy stuff to allow them to bid on the auctions.

I've seen them say to punters "you can only bid if you buy these sunglasses for a fiver", the same glasses you can get for £3 on any other stall.

It's the same deal each auction weather it be sunglasses or a bag of crap.

The 1st auction van at the top entrance where the Asian guy sells in his words "get your stolen Nike tracksuits,freshly stolen" for £10 and as fake as a £3 note. That top van has a big gray Toshiba stack system radio, it's been there since i was 13, i'm now 31 so i guess things really don't sell.

There was a scam shop like this down the Moor in what was now empty shop next to Home Bargains.

i go down there every weekend and i have seen them last week they where telling you the prices of phones starting from £5 a young boy asked for 1 and was told to wait he had the money in his hand to pay for it the man who does all the talking then said i will pass you over to my brother who does the auctions thats when the price goes up and people walk away.but some people buy from him,dont because it is all a con all you get is empty caseings i know someone that bought from him and when they went back was told bought as seen £200 for nothing

LOL, I still can't believe the crowd they draw who really think they are going to walk away with a Nokia, dvd player wii, etc. for £15/£20

They've been doing it for years, Way before I bought my old caravan there so must be about 7/8 years. The big bloke you are talking about who moves all those people on who try and warn the gullible public that it is a scam and all they will end up with for their £15/£20 is a cheap electric toothbrush used to work at the Happy Days site in Chapel St Leonards that should tell you how dodgy he is if nothing else! It amazes me to see silly people stood waving their notes in the air for a white plastic bag that they have no idea whats in it. Guess it's true what they say a fool and his money are easily parted!

Also - there is nothing anyone in authority can do about they as they are very careful what they say, They tell you what there might be in the bag but never say what is, All you are paying for is whatever is in the goodybag, there is no promise that it will be a wii, nokia, etc so that's the scam, you are paying for a surprise ...and you usually get it ;) .. and they probably feel too foolish to complain after that.

They COULD if they wanted to. Some body is in charge of the market, and it brings the whole complex into disrepute. Actually, it brings the whole area as a tourist attraction into disrepute, so the council SHOULD be interested in this.

they are not conning anybody they are selling you items and through not listening to their patter correctly you are expecting something which you dont get,the only person conning you is yourself.Think about it nobody is going to sell you a £200 pound phone for a fiver are they.I have been in the auction game now for well over twenty years and I am still amazed at peoples gullibility.Its not a new thing Petticoat lane in London has always been renowned for it,the people who do this are not crooks but very clever people who have learned that people are in practse very greedy and have jumped in on that fact.It happens everywhere take the JMB adverts which is shown on TV £19.99 for a certain item,I can go to manchester buy the same item from the importers and probably sell it for a tenner and still make a good profit but because its advertised on TV people think its a kosher deal,dont forget when JMB but their products they are buying in bulk and will not be paying a fraction of what I pay..who's the con man now.again not JMB they are charging what the public consider a fair price.Theres a saying in the game..pay rubbish you get rubbish...why expect more.

Remember the old Yorkshire saying as well..You dont get owt for nowt

P.S nobody forces you to buy anything, at the end its completely your own decision,do you use common sense or does that go out of the window and you revert to greed?