The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Beware of time wasters using the classified section

I had a plasterer recommended by a forum member and who is still a member today turn up, do half a job to be never seen again.

Doesn't answer his phone or reply to messages...

He half plastered a ceiling, my wife slammed the door and all the plaster fell down!

I hate it when they always ask for pictures no matter what it is and when your trying to sell something dirt cheap just to get rid and they still insist on offering stupid prices take noteif im selling stuff i always ask a fair price rather than sell for nothing id sooner burn it.

I have had a few no shows.:(

I don't know about anyone else but I would rather someone phoned and said they had changed their mind, than to just not bother turning up, especially if you have waited in for them as well.

Yup I've had no shows - at least email or leave a pm and say they changed their mind - I've had lots of nice buyers too though :-)

I hate it when they always ask for pictures no matter what it is and when your trying to sell something dirt cheap just to get rid and they still insist on offering stupid prices take noteif im selling stuff i always ask a fair price rather than sell for nothing id sooner burn it.

Me too CV- but folk will always try to get something for nothing

Instead of selling stuff on the forum why not donate it to a good cause!!

The Sheffield to Mongolia Rally team would welcome anything that we could either use or sell at a car boot to raise money for our adventure and the Childrens Hospital.

p.s Katkin is there any chance we could blag that nylon rope from you? it would come in handy after all!!

Many Thanks!

I still think that we should eb able to name and shame on this forum. It doesn't take 2 minutes to either text, phone or send a quick emailing.

I had a plasterer recommended by a forum member and who is still a member today turn up, do half a job to be never seen again.

Doesn't answer his phone or reply to messages...

He half plastered a ceiling, my wife slammed the door and all the plaster fell down!

I had a plasterer recommended on here come and give me a quote, I booked him and he rang the week before to say he was delayed on a job and could he come the week after. I thought, fair enough, but the day he was due to come and do the work he never turned up and wouldn't answer the phone to me. Probably the same bloke...

Had to get someone else in who did a great job, so probably a good thing the first bloke didn't turn up in the end.

A x

Yeah, no shows and bad buyers/sellers should be named and shamed (unless they give you a good reason).

It could be used as a kind of feedback for future buyers and sellers. I know that the forum has a "buyer beware" policy but its a chance for the "forum family" to look out for each other and stop others being ripped off or hassled.

The ones I hate are the guys who turn up to look at the item for sale, admire it, agree the price and then say they have to go to a cash point and don't come back. Why not simply say you don't want it?

I'm often on the look out for tradespeople off the forum and have even been known to recommend them to others. If I recommended some-one to another forum user and the said workman either didn't turn up or worse still did a bad job then I'd really appreciate a PM so I wouldn't be recommending them again.

The thing with the ******** that wanted to buy the tent was the amount of texts he sent, l have his mobile number and if l wished could easily track him down, but wahat's the point. I agree with you all they should be named and shamed for their wasting other people's time.

Perhaps the panel at the Forum ought to consider it. A text after the amount that were already sent would have been appreciated. Never mind spineless people always get their come uppence in the end! Actually l like that old expression......l may use it again.

Thanks for all your support on this!