Calling all e-bay experts

bid for an e-bay item today. Was winning bidder earlier. Bid supposed to end at midnight tonght. Checked ebay and got msg that "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing"

However, the same seller has got an identical item on an auction that ends in a few days.

This supposedly is not allowed on ebay. How can I contact/complain to ebay? Been through all menus and can't find where to do it!

on the main page, click "site map"

then at the bottom left of the site map click: Contact Customer Support

HTH, Rob.

Click here and select the 'ask a question' option at the bottom.

You will be asked to sign in, then it will take you to a page to send your query/complaint etc!

Hope it helps!

DB, you're an angel!!!

(hope this doesn't ruin your street cred!)

ah that was gone when I joined an internet forum anyways.:lol:

Bouncers aren't suppose to know technology!:P

I'll be cool8)

However - they will do nothing about it, the most that will happen is the seller will get an email from ebay ( which is automated) and thats it - I had a similar problem a while ago.

did get response from seller saying the "measurements were wrong" (it was a lovely vivienne westwood bag) and invited me to bid again seeing as she had relisted the item. However the "relisted" bag had already been on ebay for several days. As a new ebayer am now V cynical! Have heard that sellers register under another name and bid on their own items to push up the price.

I do want the bag so will bid again - but within strict limits!

UPDATE have just checked "relisted" item and the highest bid is now double the price than when I was highest bidder. The only "wrong measurement" was the length of the handle!!!!!:)

Ebay can be terrible sometimes.

I have known of people taking items off because it is not generating enough money, or because they don't even have the item to sell.

Before you bid on anything, always check the sellers feedback rating and read the selling details carefully. If postage costs aren't listed, check with the seller first and then you'll have a record in case they charge more, or scrimp on the postage.

I bought an item for £2, the seller charged £3 postage, but only sent it in a jiffy bag with a first class stamp on. I threatened to leave negative feedback and he refunded me £2.70.

Someone I know won an auction for a mobile phone. It turned out that the person who was selling the phone hadn't actually got the phones but could get them cheap and was planning on using this person money to purchase them.

I bought an apparently 'impossible to find' hello kitty pendant, and after a mix-up got 2 in the post... Still worth much less than the £15 I paid!!

I've been ebaying for about 3 years. I love it. Generally I've been really satisfied with the service I've had. OK, one or two little things may go wrong, but always check the feedback on the person or at least make some sort of contact if you are not sure. Check out the postage costs before you bid. It's a popular way to shove up the cost, and a well known trick - ie buy for a quid and the postage is a tenner. Always handy to 'ask the seller a question' if you are not sure, and you can haggle the price this way if the auction is about to close and there arent any bids on the price. All part of the world of ebaying!

Pay by Paypal too for added security. Conmen don't tend to use this facility.