Binghams Potted Meat

I work for Bingham Potted Meat now called Binghams Food Ltd , it has recently been bought back into private ownership , a web site for this company is soon to be set up and are looking for any of the ex employees who have any stories or photos from the past that could be included in the history of Binghams which started with Charles Bingham in 1913 and moving to the present day premises on Western Rd crookes in the 1930s.

Thanks in advance for any help

John

i remember the premises as a kid :D

i used to walk past it alot on the left walking down western rd as i was on my way to fish in western park :D

One of my pals was chief buyer there, Peter Finn, known affably as "Potted Meat Pete". He still lives in the locality following retirement.

I work for Bingham Potted Meat now called Binghams Food Ltd , it has recently been bought back into private ownership , a web site for this company is soon to be set up and are looking for any of the ex employees who have any stories or photos from the past that could be included in the history of Binghams which started with Charles Bingham in 1913 and moving to the present day premises on Western Rd crookes in the 1930s.

John

Web site is up and running

binghamsfood.co.uk

John

Well blow me , I never knew it was Made in Sheffield. Another new customer on his way.

my wife susan worked there for 2 years from 98 to 2000, she always says that it was the best job she ever had & would go back there at the drop of a hat

John

Hi Please i would love a recipe for potted meat,my Mother used to make it by putting the left over meat in a mincer but what she put in no can remember.:help:

My dog loves "Potted Dog" we give it him to mask the taste of his tablets he

doesnt realise that he is actually eating Dog!! or does he.

Awwww, love that stuff!!! They do it in beef and tomato too, memories of childhood parties..lol

I loved it to when I was a young un,Enjoyed it on toast with dripping.