Why don't men use reusable bags as much as women?

I don't use them simply because the whole carrier bag stuff is massively overrated.

When shops stop packaging everything in layer upon layer of cardboard and plastic, then I'll start taking it seriously.

People stopping using carrier bags is a tiny effort to stop a big problem.

There speaks a wise person.

My other half always does the shopping on a saturday morning, and we re-use the plastic carrier bags, and I have even bought the stronger more plasticy ones which they sell at Morrisons.

He takes them shopping everytime he goes. I think this is more to save money than the enviornment though.

gizzy.

Because they think if they get a carrier bag out of their pocket, they're going to be chased around the supermarket by the likes of Graham Norton and Julian Clary.

I have noticed men don't seem to use reusable bags as much as women.

Surely men can help save our planet too? I'd like to hear some of the excuses please..

In Sheffield we have reusable bags for Sheffield Children's Hospital, St.Lukes Hospice and F.A.B.L.E which will help generate funds for good causes whilst helping the environment. For example: Sheffield Children's Hospital charibags have raised over £26,000 and saved nearly 4 million single use plastic bags from being used in and around our city.

http://www.chariband.co.uk

I'll think you'll find that men do.

Men will often not use any bag and carry goods using their hands, or POCKETS (a mans best friend).

They might use a few carry bags in order to top up on bin bags for free.

They have for a long time used rucksacks and holdalls, which are much more reusable than some of the 'reusable' bags, which often don't last the journey home.

No excuse needed. I carry a rucksack 90% of the time, always have done. I normally have 10+ pockets on my clothing. My rucksack often contains large carrier bags which can be used (always when a shopping trip is planned).

Why is it that women use a ridiculously large amount of bags, often buying them on impulse and carrying them home in plastic bags. Handbags for example.

Saving the planet often means buying something you don't need and never will do.

People will often destroy something purposefully in order to replace it with something more environmentally friendly and be oblivious to the fact that by replacing something which doesent need replacing is very unenvironmentally friendly, uneconomical etc.

Dont blame men for not carrying carrier bags, atleast we just get carrier bags from any old shop and not just choose the shop just to obtain a named and posh labelled bag. I see many women with named and labelled bags and i would not lower myself to go in those sort of cheap shops, atleast i shop at descent shops but not for the carrier bag obviously. It is not a sexist issue, not a class or a gender issue, it is a WAG thing, get a life...........

Because they think if they get a carrier bag out of their pocket, they're going to be chased around the supermarket by the likes of Graham Norton and Julian Clary.

Or Duncan Norvelle?

The reason men don't have any plastic bags to take to the supermarket is that they've used them all up for bagging up cheesey socks or sweaty undies they've brought home from the gym or their holidays. It's their way of being considerate, of keeping their festering skiddies away from the more delicate things which need to go in the wash.

If you look, you'll find a host of bags balled up in the glovebox, in coat pockets, under the bed, behind radiators etc. Though you might not want to put your salad in them after you've removed the crusty old grundies.

Or Duncan Norvelle?

He was another option but I coudln't remember his name, kept thinking "Billy Pierce" for some reason.

Dont blame men for not carrying carrier bags, atleast we just get carrier bags from any old shop and not just choose the shop just to obtain a named and posh labelled bag. I see many women with named and labelled bags and i would not lower myself to go in those sort of cheap shops, atleast i shop at descent shops but not for the carrier bag obviously. It is not a sexist issue, not a class or a gender issue, it is a WAG thing, get a life...........

eh?

You think women shop at expensive places to get a bag, but you wouldn't lower yourself to shop there (in cheap shops?).

I think you're a bit confused.

My car boot stall is sponsored by Asda and Tesco carrier bags most weeks!:hihi:

I do our weekly shop and use carrier bags from previous weeks, so I'm doing my little bit.

Jim:thumbsup:

What you're forgetting is that while women folk may well do their bit by recycling them all through the year the completely negate it at Christmas when you see them hooning it down Fargate laden down by dozens of ultra thick special X-mas carrier bags which took 95 times more oil to produce.

While we men who forget to buy gifts have lessened our carbon footprint :D