Why don't men use reusable bags as much as women?

I have noticed men don't seem to use reusable bags as much as women.

Surely men can help save our planet too? I'd like to hear some of the excuses please..

In Sheffield we have reusable bags for Sheffield Children's Hospital, St.Lukes Hospice and F.A.B.L.E which will help generate funds for good causes whilst helping the environment. For example: Sheffield Children's Hospital charibags have raised over £26,000 and saved nearly 4 million single use plastic bags from being used in and around our city.

http://www.chariband.co.uk

Women like owning bags, men don't?

Men shop on impulse or because they've run out of food, women do it because they enjoy it?

Because we dont have handbags to carry them around in, plus they do feel a bit girly!!

I don't use them simply because the whole carrier bag stuff is massively overrated.

When shops stop packaging everything in layer upon layer of cardboard and plastic, then I'll start taking it seriously.

People stopping using carrier bags is a tiny effort to stop a big problem.

Women like owning bags, men don't?

Men shop on impulse or because they've run out of food, women do it because they enjoy it?

Enjoy food shopping? You cannot be serious!! :rant:

I'm sure most carrier bags are used for food shopping and the reason more women re-use bags is because they have the forward-planning skills to realise that, if they are going to be buying loads of food, they are going to need something to put it in.

Men, on the other hand, seem to be constantly surprised when they get the check out and discover they need something to put the food in :hihi:

Are you telling me then men who are single or have been sent to do the weekly shop by their other half don't even give it a thought how they are gonna carry their shopping home?

I imagine most simply figure it's easier to get a fresh carrier bag on each visit. If I'm going to the local shop I always take a bag with me now. And if I do pop to M&S for lunch I take one too - saves the charge they now threaten to levy. We're not all bad :)

Are you telling me then men who are single or have been sent to do the weekly shop by their other half don't even give it a thought how they are gonna carry their shopping home?

Yup - never underestimate the stupidity of some men :hihi:

Nope, because the nice people at Asda, Morrisons, Tesco etc ask me 1 question 'would you like help with your packing??' now they are not going to ask me this question unless they have some way for me to get my shopping home i.e bags therefore I dont need to think ahead. But as a side note usually when we do go shopping the OH is with me and she carrys the re-usable bags so we use them.

Women like all kinds of shopping, there's no point in denying it. Food shopping just means the chance to stand and gawp in the cosmetics or clothing section of the supermarket.

Did people realise that since the ban on plastic bags in Ireland the overall amount of plastic going into landfills has increased?

cos we stick em in the recycle bag bin...then get new ones.

I use my carrier bags in bins around the house. Apparently using them this way actually saves on plastic compared to the bin liners you have to buy otherwise.