Regent Court, Bradfield Road

i clean windows on the flats , leave me a pm if you would like yours cleaning next time we are on them thanks

I am moving to these flats soon and I am trying to find out if there is a communal Sky dish as I have Sky TV. Does anyone know if it does?

Communal SKy at Regent Park flats?????

It's a ancient block of flats isn't it?

you bought, renting or council in there?

Many years ago every flat had it's own TV aerial, either on the roof or on the veranda of the flat.

It was a big eyesore!!

The owners then installed a communal aerial on the roof for provide TV for every flat.

Then came along cable TV (now Virgin media) who wired the block of flats to receive cable.

I believe residents had the option of using the communal aerial or moving to cable.

Today I'm not sure if the communal aerial remains.

I don't believe sky is an option.....but remember, Sky programmes are available through virgin media cable.

I am privately renting. I was told you can get virgin media and they are all cabled. A few of the property sites I have seen say "communal sky dish" now to me that means communal cable then, and they have got it wrong themsleves.

Ah well, virgin media it is then, as someone said all good things come to an end....but virgin is a tad more expensive.....have to work on my negotiation skills, although they will probably know I cant get sky there so will be a good battle lol!

gonna need need one heck of a tall ladder to reach the 6th floor windows! Unless you mean the bathroom and front bedroom wondow only?

You might need to check this, but last time I looked cable was better than Sky+ because you could record two channels while you were watching a third.

Hi, I know this thread is old but was wondering if anyone could update on how much the heating/service charge is now?

Was also wondering what it is like to live there? Is it mostly older retired/working people? Is there a nice communal feel? Like window baskets and benches on the balconies outside the front doors? And are there any problems with damp, cold, noise, problem tenants etc?

Service charges differ per flat (presumably based on size).

Includes maintenance of the building, external painting, lifts, caretaker's salary/flat, heating, hot water, gardening & other costs such as recent installation of CCTV and security doors on the stairwells.

Noise levels depend on where in the block your flat is, but I've not noticed noise from neighbours.

Do you live there Dafoot? Would you recommend it as a place to live?

My late great-aunt lived there a few years ago. The flats were OK and cosy inside but grotty and poorly-maintained outside.

I hope that things have changed since then, esp. re the ruinously expensive service charges that vastly depressed the flats' values.

If they are made of concrete they will be cold and I would expect damp in the winter as other posters have suggested. Concrete is not a good insulator and attracts condensation.

Hi, I have recently moved into Regent Court, and my contents insurance is shortly up for renewal.

I have had some of what I think are expensive quotes, so I've gone onto one of those compsrason website, and some companies on there won't even quote at all.

I'm obviously putting something wrong into the quote form, as I have nothing out of the ordinary to cover, just the usual furniture & electricals.

All of them ask what the building is constructed from, and I've guessed concrete from the age of the block, and that the roof is completely flat.

If I'm wrong can someone let me know, or if you live in Regent Court, can you recommend a company that doesnt think I'm living in a million pound penthouse!!:o

Hiya

WOndering if anyoone can help i know the flats at hillborough have VIrgin media but just wondering if anyone here is on BT or recently moved in and have BT phone with any provider

EG, TalkTalk,Sky ETC.

Thanks for your info