Regent Court, Bradfield Road

I like the look of the place, especially the flats higher up. I spoke with an estate agent a couple of years ago and he said it is sometimes tricky getting a mortgage because they are made of concrete !! That's what he told me.

I had a look round ages ago witht he view of renting, the flat was nice, I liked the Art Deco feel of the place, but the very loud noise coming from the buildings nearby all day put me off.

I like the look of the place, especially the flats higher up. I spoke with an estate agent a couple of years ago and he said it is sometimes tricky getting a mortgage because they are made of concrete !! That's what he told me.

I think the trouble with getting a mortgage for them years ago used to be the subsidence, this was sorted by a massive underpinning project and the price of the flats has since risen quite nicely.

They are very sought after.

My nephew had one of these flats, you could have grown mushrooms in it it was so damp, think they had a problem with the roof leaking and lack of maintenance.

I have a flat there.

Was a bit of a search for a mortgage, had we been on a higher floor we probably wouldn't have been able to at all.

There used to be noise from metal works next to 'The Hillsborough Club' but that has stopped working.

We may be looking to sell at some point in the next few months.... 2 bed flat... ;)

Depends what you mean by huge.

Seem high to me... but then we are actually seeing where the money is going now, ie seeing improvements rather than it just disappearing for no apparent benefit.

Recently the car park got tarmac (so dont need to worry about loosing a wheel any more!), east wing wall re-sufaced/painted, clock repaired, new central heating boiler going in atm.

My husband just did a remortgage on one of these and had no problems at all.

Recently the car park got tarmac (so dont need to worry about loosing a wheel any more!), east wing wall re-sufaced/painted, clock repaired, new central heating boiler going in atm.

So, RC is on a communal heating system, then, DaFoot? Didn't realise that.

Yup... couple of big boilers for radiators and hot water in taps.

gosh ! * :) * I thought Park hill was innovative, with the communal heating system. I didn't realise RC had got it from twenty/ thirty years before PHF was built.

My aunt lived in Regent Court from the early 1950s until she died in 1995, and she loved it there. She was on the 3rd floor of the right-hand wing (her living-room window looked towards Hillsborough Corner). A keen sportwoman, her only regret was when the tennis courts were replaced by a car park, but otherwise she was very happy in her flat with its big rooms, central heating and nice neighbours. Very handy for shops, buses and the dogs...