New car advice please

Considering buying a Honda civic type R (the old shape, an 04-5 plate)

My worries are with the petrol, as i dont want to be paying alot out in juice.

Im currently paying £15-20 a week in petrol and i dont fancy paying anymore.

Im a sensible driver so i'm not going to be tearing it up every 2 minutes.

Anyone help me out with anything related to the car?

You are going to be paying a fortune in petrol, I had one last year, the reason I sold it was petrol consumption (that's when it was 80-90p per litre or whatever), other than that I loved the beast!!!

You are going to be paying a fortune in petrol, I had one last year, the reason I sold it was petrol consumption (that's when it was 80-90p per litre or whatever), other than that I loved the beast!!!

I heard if driven well they are good on petrol.

I didn't rag mine around, used it to and from work - 3 miles a day, and then out and about in the evenings and weekends, not loads though - spent approximately £40 a week on petrol.

I heard they can be good on petrol, but no matter what I did, it just guzzled it down!!

I didn't rag mine around, used it to and from work - 3 miles a day, and then out and about in the evenings and weekends, not loads though - spent approximately £40 a week on petrol.

I heard they can be good on petrol, but no matter what I did, it just guzzled it down!!

Short trips are bad news for virtualy any car. I drive a 3.2 litre V6 Mercedes, short trips and around town can be painful on fuel economy, yet on a run i get around 35mpg which is only slightly less than an aunts Smart car (and i know what i would rather travel in either way)

Its swings and roundabouts all the way with cars and economy, whats good around town isnt so hot sitting on a fast 'A' road or motorway, petrol is cheaper than diesel but diesel will take you further per gallon, a petrol car will generaly cost less to buy than the diesel equivalent but cost less on servicing.

I would say, if you like it buy it and smile when you stump up at the pumps. :D

I used to know someone with a fantastic one he said it was unbeleivably expensive on fuel though .£400 to inverness and back I think

have a look on http://www.whatcar.co.uk and search used car reviews, the owners will tell you what mpg they got.

I cant see point in a type R if your not going to tear it up, you might as well go for the smaller engined ones

have a look on http://www.whatcar.co.uk and search used car reviews, the owners will tell you what mpg they got.

I cant see point in a type R if your not going to tear it up, you might as well go for the smaller engined ones

I like the sporty look, the safe, well put together feeling and knowing the powers there.

Im not keen on putting in alot of petrol thats for sure and that is whats putting me off.

Might aswell buy a c2 vts:|

Considering buying a Honda civic type R (the old shape, an 04-5 plate)

My worries are with the petrol, as i dont want to be paying alot out in juice.

Im currently paying £15-20 a week in petrol and i dont fancy paying anymore.

Im a sensible driver so i'm not going to be tearing it up every 2 minutes.

Anyone help me out with anything related to the car?

i used to own an 05 reg type r i can confirm mine did around 260 miles on a full tank

the tank is not big on them 45 litres i believe

if you do around 260 miles a week then be looking to pay arond £45 for a full tank

Not the best choice to buy a car like that if you are worried about fuel it is a gas guzzler

I own a 2.2 alfa spider new one and that costs me £65 a week to fill up and get around 220 miles out of it

I never fill up, i always make sure i have atleast half a tank full.

To be honest my car at the moment does an average 38.7mpg and the civic does 31.7.

My car being light as a feather and only being a 1.6 theres not much difference.

I had a look at the c2 vts and that car seems to be a money saver and at the same time nippy.

My S60 combined petrol economy was listed as alot higher than 19mpg which is what I got pottering about town. I would be very wary of quoted figures, especially on a car like that. I know you don't plan on thrashing the arse of it but I will still be surprised if you get any where near the quoted figures.

"Cars made by Japanese manufacturers are still the most reliable, according to a survey by Which? Car magazine.... Although Honda topped the makers' charts, its Civic - made in Swindon in Wiltshire - came joint bottom in the list of reliable medium size cars."

Hmmm.... Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7464980.stm