Mini smashed up on Heeley Bank Road this morning (21st June 2008)

Woke up this morning to find our much loved mini clubman estate smashed to pieces. Some drunk **** must have smashed into it in the night and of course they havnt left their details. It was parked on Heeley Bank Road (the very top) so if anyone in the neighbourhood has any info or a neighbour with a trashed passenger side front as of last night then PM me.

www(dot)dcs.shef.ac.uk/~paul/web/wong3.jpg

Paul

The same happened to me on Albert Road a while back, never caught anyone for it (I was not quick enough to get the reg, just that it was young lads in a dark hatchback) and the police don't seem too bothered. Luckily my insurance did'nt take any no claims off me even though I could not claim off anyone, so you may be lucky in that respect.

Had to have £2500+ worth of work on it and they must have hit it with some clout as they popped my tyre and smashed the suspension post on one side of it. They got thier car jammed between mine and a tree and caused more damage getting the car out. I saw the car zoom off, it was a right mess and the front wheel jammed on the bodywork making a racket. Someone adults must have known, as I doubt it was stolen as it would have been safer for them to do a runner than try to get it out and drive with it in the state it was in.

Hope you find some answers.

I had the same I parked on sheffield rd outside the bus museum - perferctly laggaly - not on yellow lines and some one wrote off my escourt that was about 4 years ago the police were good but never got them - I think it was a blue pick up truck looking at the damage to by car - possibly a transit

Happened to me in town centre. Someone took the wing off my a3. Luckily it was a company one so it didnt cost me but still. It was outside a car dealer too so i think they knew who did it but would never tell me. :(

Sorry to see that, looked a tidy Clubby estate too. I've owned 3 of them in the past.

I just hope the driver really hurt themselves. They were obviously up to no good driving as fast as they must have been going at 4 in the morning. Karma will catch up, next time they will hit a tree or lamppost and the roads will be safer for everyone else.