Adult apprenticeships

Any idea if there are such things available? I am 21 and really keen to do an apprenticeship but also need a bit of money for rent/living costs? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

My son is 21, after leaving collage he didn’t know what to do but now wants a apprenticeship but yet it seems they are all geared to under 18`s on minimum wage even under 21 saves employers money, once full minimum wage starts I think apprenticeships stop.

Your best bet would be to get on with a firm as a mate eg electrical or plumbing then pester them for an adult traineeship.

Try firms like NGBaileys

You can still do an apprenticeship through college up until your about 25. Im 21 and applied to do an apprenticeship which i start this year. You should apply asap though if you want to do it through college as most courses start july - september i think

Gov't funds apprenticeships for ages 16-24, theres an abundance of apprenticeships in business/office etc.

You will find it very difficult to get into the construction industry but don't let that put you off.

It's handy if you know of an employer to take you on as the college side/course is easy to get.

I myself wanted to get into heating and ventilation since leaving school at 16, I sent hundreds of letters, CV's made calls etc and didn't get anything.

I went back to education last year and did more GCSE's..And have since found an apprenticeship in heating and vent, I'm now 18..

Employers like ng bailey, kier etc are looking for the cream of school leavers and academics.. rather than just your average joe.. anyway good luck with it!