Park Hill Flats sandstorm

I am so annoyed!!:rant: And I don't even know who to shout at!

I have just walked down Duke Street, on my way to work in town this afternoon. I usually walk past Park Hill flats and today I got a very unpleasant surprise. I was just walking past the corner of where the flats end and I thought it had started raining as I could feel wet spray on my face. Then it seemed to stop after I kept walking for a few seconds and I looked down and I was covered in wet sandy coloured spray! I could hear some kind of machine which presumably was making this mess, but I didn't expect an impromptu shower.

I am now covered in filth and look like I've been sleeping on a building site and I have to sit in an office all afternoon looking a state! All I want to do is go home and get in the bath. My clothes are covered in this fine spray and I had to wipe a load off my face, in my eyes, on my bag, even on my feet. Yuk! I spent the rest of the walk into town bruching frantically at my clothes and face to regain some semblance of respectability but I feel disgusting and dirty and very very cross!

Who do I ever shout at about this? The contractors at Park Hill for not putting signs up saying cross the road?? The Council? The world? Where can I vent my frustration? Other than on the forum of course.

Least I can warn people...it's not safe to walk past Park Hill flats today! Unless you fancy a desert style sand shower...

:gag:

Contact the council and complain.

Honestly! People spend a fortune on expensive beach holidays to get a lovely golden complexion and sand oozing from every orifice, you get it for free and you're complaining?

Some people..... :loopy:

its not just muck on your face and clothes you should be concerned about, who knows what impurities/pollutants are in that dust, 40 years exposed to the elements....

Damn, Urban Splash, they are taking over the country!

its not just muck on your face and clothes you should be concerned about, who knows what impurities/pollutants are in that dust

*cough*

Pigeon poo

*cough*

LOL

I Work For Urban Splash

There Sand Spraying The Flats At That End Where You Walked Past, If You Want To Complain Then Feel Free To.

I Knows Its Been A Little Windy On Site Today So I Guess Its The Wind To Blame Maybe ?

For More Info Click : http://www.urbansplash.co.uk/home

LOL

I Work For Urban Splash

There Sand Spraying The Flats At That End Where You Walked Past, If You Want To Complain Then Feel Free To.

I Knows Its Been A Little Windy On Site Today So I Guess Its The Wind To Blame Maybe ?

Wow, are they turning the Park Hill flats into these?? They look great.

The artists impression they have up outside Park Hill looks just like, erm, Park Hill with a bit of a clean.

I used to live round the corner from an Urban Splash development in Plymouth. It was Fab, so in my opinion if anyone can turn Park Hill around they can!

Shame it's going to take ten* years though...

*correct me if I'm wrong!

They are not daft either, they get the Rotunda in Birmingham, a nearly derelict 70's horror, tart it up and flog the flats for between £150K and nearly £500K

They are not daft either, they get the Rotunda in Birmingham, a nearly derelict 70's horror, tart it up and flog the flats for between £150K and nearly £500K

It reminds me of the expensive luxury apartments at wicker and the ones opposite council flats on eccy road... 50.00 per week on one side 250.00 per week opposite :huh:

LOL

I Work For Urban Splash

Any particular reason for the capital letter at the beginning of every word? :suspect:

The artist impressions of Park Hill do look quite nice. Pretty much only demolition work going on over there at the moment. I might have another look in a couple of years when they need other trades to fit kitchens, bathrooms etc. :)

As far as complaining goes though I'd complain to the site manager. Try the office building just inside the entrance on Duke Street. I'd also suggest emailing Urban Splash directly but they probably won't answer. :roll: