Sheffield Gym memberships???

I'm trying to find out what gyms in Sheffield charge for membership? I've tried ringing Esporta, Virgin, Fitness First etc but there more interesting getting you down for a 'Free trial' rather than discussing prices...

If you are a member for a Sheffield gym or know there membership fees, please could you post them on here for me.

Cheers...

I'm trying to find out what gyms in Sheffield charge for membership? I've tried ringing Esporta, Virgin, Fitness First etc but there more interesting getting you down for a 'Free trial' rather than discussing prices...

If you are a member for a Sheffield gym or know there membership fees, please could you post them on here for me.

Cheers...

I think Virgin is about £40+ per month. I have a Platinum membership so my monthly rate was frozen at the amount it was set at 3 years ago.

I suggest looking at individual websites. Some charge a joining fee (ie Virgin) whereas tohers don't (I don't thing Esporta does).

Hi,

You will still be better trying a free trial anyway to see which one you think offers the best facilities for your individual requirements etc..

You may pay more at a certain gym as apposed to another one but you have to consider what you are getting for that extra money. The best thing to do is go on the free trial BUT when you fill in the form which is basically your free day pass, put down fake contact details so that way you wont be able to pester you as believe me they will call you every week and the rest!! Had the experience from as a customer and also from working in that sector.

I am at Esporta which is £60 per month and you are tied to it for 12 months.

Full membership at Fitness First is around £30 though they have a few price plans to suit the individual.

Sam Jones, Virgin and greens are about £40 - £45.

Cant remember what Fitness Unlimited offer, think it's around £30 but not 100% sure.

Also depends on where you live too in terms of getting there etc... Esporta sits bang next door to Fitness First which are both convenient for me and have been a member of both clubs. Although Esporta is a lot more expensive, the facillities are far far better and even at the "peak" times, your never really queing for a machine etc...

But get to some free trials and just don't let them pressure you into taking a membership unless your sure about what you want.

Cheers...

It's £60 per month peak rate at Esporta plus a £30 'admin' fee.

I pay £22.99 at Ponds forge for the full membership. I have access to all facilities at all times at Ponds Forge - fab new gym, studios, and spa area, Hillsborough, Concorde and Don Valley. Its well worth the money. The classes and staff are fab too.

I pay £22.99 because I have agreed to pay for year. I think its £29.99 if you may month by month for mbrship.

I pay £22.99 at Ponds forge for the full membership. I have access to all facilities at all times at Ponds Forge - fab new gym, studios, and spa area, Hillsborough, Concorde and Don Valley. Its well worth the money. The classes and staff are fab too.

I pay £22.99 because I have agreed to pay for year. I think its £29.99 if you may month by month for mbrship.

It's still £22.99 per month for off peak, without a contract.

Greens and Virgin are pegged at almost the same price, I think there is 50p in it between them.

I pay £44 a month for peak time at Greens.

If you are also a member of Westfield Health Scheme, you are entitled to a £4 per month discount at Virgin (if paying on a month by month basis). Something to do with the 'Road to Health' scheme. Go on the Westfield website and print off a voucher, take it into Virgin, fill in a form and sorted. Bit gutting Virgin don't make you aware of this from the outset though. Not sure if it's their responsibility to do so - or Westfields. Not sure how the Raod to Health scheme works so any advice would be appreciated.

Greens and Virgin are pegged at almost the same price, I think there is 50p in it between them.

I pay £44 a month for peak time at Greens.

I think this is for the year contract. If you don't want to tie yourself, it's about £48 (I think).

Various student prices too (none of which tie you in).

The Source charge £35 but if you work for a retail of have a mate who is then its £25.

I think this is for the year contract. If you don't want to tie yourself, it's about £48 (I think).

Various student prices too (none of which tie you in).

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that. Mine is a years contract with 2 months free at the end. 14 months for 12.

sorry to hijack the thread but what classes as 'off peak'? Is it during the day, or later on in the evening? My OH wants to join a gym, but can only attend a couple of nights a week, after 8pm. Or does anyone know of any good weightlifting gyms around the north sheffield area please?