Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

hi just wondering if anyone knows of any playgroups in S1, S2 area for my 19month old and 2 week old babies, cheers

DANCE LIKE A DIVA!!!!! Branching Out Dancing - Valley Pentecostal Church, 512 Manchester Rd, Stocksbridge, Sheffield. S36 2DU. Saturday 10.00-11.00am, £3.00. Ages 4 upwards, MUMS WELCOME!!!! It's all about fun and keeping fit, just come along or give us a call. Nikki - 2844071 or Karen - 2876312 or visit our NEW website http://www.branchingoutdancing.co.uk

Edited by karenk

Hi. I had someone visit me from Surestart the other day and I think she said there was a playgroup next to Wybourn School at the community centre.

If you serch surestart sheffield on google and phone them they should be able to give you a list.

Hope you fine somewhere! :)

i know manortop libary have a hour playgroup as i take my 2 year old and 5 month old its on tomorrow (friday) 10-11

Try Jellytots in the town centre - there's a thread on here somewhere about it :)

St Chad's in Woodseats 1-3 on a Thursday. There is also one on a Wednesday afternoon in Woodseats at the church on Tadcaster Rd. I can't remember if that starts at 1 or 1.30.

And Tuesday 10-12 for St Chads, again no waiting list just turn up. There have been quite a few grandparents attending this group on and off.

if you dont manage to find any playgroups if you go to the sheffield childrens infomation centre in town near orchard square next to the bar one i think its called they can print you a list of playgroups in whatever area you would like. they also have other information on other things like swimming lessons, dance classes and party venues. i also think it has got its own website that you might be able to get information off.

There's a playgroup on Thursday Mornings run by Sharrow SureStart at Highfield Trinity Church, just on the corner of London Road.

Term time only, 10:00 - 12:00.

I think there's still a morning play group from 9:30 - 11:30 in the Pavilion at Meersbrook Park?

It's quite a small group, but a just turn up basis.

I think there's still a morning play group from 9:30 - 11:30 in the Pavilion at Meersbrook Park?

It's quite a small group, but a just turn up basis.

Yes it is on every weekday morning, even during school holidays which makes it unusual. There are indoor and outdoor areas. Its a nice group, run by mums, always looking for mums to help. It can be quite a big group depending on the day. There are always activities out for the children including paints etc, and usually a nice healthy selection of chopped fruit for the snacks. Anyone welcome just to turn up

Edited by SamMT

How can i find out whereabouts the mother/baby groups are in Sheffield? Preferably S5 or S6? I've googled but nothings come up...

Forgot to ask my HV and i'm not due to see her again for 3wks.

I'll post before they do........ contact ASK SID or your local childrens centre.

or better still check out the many threads on this forum with that info in them.