Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

There is a toddlers group at Abbeydale Primary School, Glen Road, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9.15 to 11.15. Its also runs on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. It doesn't run during school holidays but will start up again in September. I take my little boy to the morning sessions and he loves going. In fact most mornings start with a request to "go toddlers see Sally" followed by tears if it's not a toddlers morning.

Sally runs the group. Sessions cost 50p.

The surestart centre in Sharrow have leaflets with details about all the local toddler stay-and-play groups too - there are quite a few and they sent me a leaflet only the other day but I'm afraid I can't lay hands on it. If I find it I'll post the details.

Thanks, I'll check out that Abbeydale one and maybe contact CIS.

Cheers!

list your toddler groups here:

location,

times

any cost involved:

Also if you are willing to buddy for someone if its their first visit to one.

Hi everybody, I am the mother of a 4.5 month old and will be moving from Canada to Sheffield (Walkley) in the middle of September.

I was wondering if there were any new mum's groups, or mum's and babies groups, or anything like that in the area.

Thanks.

Hi,

where in walkley are you moving to? i don't know about mother and baby groups, but i'm a mother with a 2 month old baby who lives in walkley, if you fancy a chat some time. PM me if you're interested in comparing nappies or whatever!

I've been going to pregnancy yoga in Walkley and I've seen a poster in the community centre advertising mums and baby groups. Sorry I can't be more specific but at least you know there is one now and where to find the info on it :)

sure start do them and have loads of info on there website if that helps.

Hiya!

I found the best place for all sorts of info about childrens groups etc was Childrens Information Centre (LINK)

Hope that helps! :)

Hiya!

I found the best place for all sorts of info about childrens groups etc was Childrens Information Centre (LINK)

Hope that helps! :)

As a childminder I often use the above link and you may also find this one useful

http://www.surestart.gov.uk/

hi,

ive got a 7 wek old baby and live in shirecliffe and was just wondering if any1 could tell me where the mother and baby groups are round there thanks

Sheffield Anglican Cathedral is set to launch a new group for parents and young babies. Aimed especially at first-time parents, Little Fishes is an opportunity to come and enjoy the company of other parents, and chat over a cup of coffee and biscuits. Whatever your faith, this is a place to find friends, support, and fun in the welcoming cathedral community.

We'll be meeting on Wednesday afternoons from 2.45 to 4.15pm, beginning on the 11th October. Pram or wheelchair access is through the single doorway off the Cathedral forecourt. It will be led by Joanne Grenfell, who is a mum of two, as well as an Anglican priest, and Ann Ashworth, who works with children at the Cathedral.

Contact Canon Dr Joanne Grenfell (263 6064, or joanne.grenfell@sheffield-cathedral.org.uk) for more information.

Sheffield Anglican Cathedral is set to launch a new group for parents and young babies. Aimed especially at first-time parents, Little Fishes is an opportunity to come and enjoy the company of other parents, and chat over a cup of coffee and biscuits. Whatever your faith, this is a place to find friends, support, and fun in the welcoming cathedral community.

We'll be meeting on Wednesday afternoons from 2.45 to 4.15pm, beginning on the 11th October. Pram or wheelchair access is through the single doorway off the Cathedral forecourt. It will be led by Joanne Grenfell, who is a mum of two, as well as an Anglican priest, and Ann Ashworth, who works with children at the Cathedral.

Contact Canon Dr Joanne Grenfell (263 6064, or joanne.grenfell@sheffield-cathedral.org.uk) for more information.