Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

We now have our NEW FREE Newbold Taster Session confirmed:

Wednesday 30th May, either 10.30-11.30am or 1-2pm

@ Newbold Community Association, (Opp Blockbusters), Newbold Road, Newbold, Chesterfield

Including lots of fun Jubilee Crafts, exploring and sensory zone, parachute fun, snack for you and your child too!

All totally FREE, with no obligation to sign up, but special discounts do apply if signing up for a block of classes. Come and join us for lots of fun!!!

Please PM me, or email us at minimakers-classes@hotmail.co.uk

for more info: http://www.minimakers-classes.co.uk / http://www.facebook.com/#!/MiniMakersClasses

We now our Greenhill Taster Session on Thursday 31st May, 2 slots either 10.30-11.30am or 1-2pm.

It'll be held at the Scout Hut at Greenhill Methodist Church, School Lane.

More info and to book please see our website: http://www.minimakers-classes.co.uk

P.s: There's also a competition to win a block of free classes, just by liking and sharing our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/MiniMakersClasses

Any recommended mother & baby groups in S10 / S6 please?

Little one is 3 months old.

Thank you!!

I have a group called Rock Tots here is some information about it...

It is a group for parents/carers with active tots aged anywhere from 0-5.

The sessions help promote confidence, coordination and balance in a fun and active way.

For any new members of The Climbing Works, there is a free induction that starts at 10 am. We kick off the session at 10:15 with some warm up games. It is then time to climb, play and have drinks and snacks. This is followed by active singing and dancing, then for the games element of the session; this focuses on six different skills for climbing and rotates over a six week period.

The sessions are Thursdays and Tuesday mornings at 10:15. Tidy up time starts at 11:45 and the session ends by 12 but you can stay and climb for as long as you like. We hope to be offering some after school and other session times soon.

Our six week games schedule incorporates; dynamic movement, balance, movement initiation, coordination, flexibility and sequence recollection.

The price of a session is £6 for one adult and up to two under fives, this includes the free induction (if you need it) and some snacks and drinks. Adults can also come back any time that day or evening and climb for free.

We have rolling program so you can join the sessions whenever you wish.

You can become a Rock Tots regular by signing up for the month, this then holds your place or you can just come to a one off taster session to check it out.

We run throughout the school holiday.

We also do Rock Tots parties.

Please get in contact for more info.

---------- Post added 29-10-2013 at 15:37 ----------

I have a group called Rock Tots here is some information about it...

It is a group for parents/carers with active tots aged anywhere from 0-5.

The sessions help promote confidence, coordination and balance in a fun and active way.

For any new members of The Climbing Works, there is a free induction that starts at 10 am. We kick off the session at 10:15 with some warm up games. It is then time to climb, play and have drinks and snacks. This is followed by active singing and dancing, then for the games element of the session; this focuses on six different skills for climbing and rotates over a six week period.

The sessions are Thursdays and Tuesday mornings at 10:15. Tidy up time starts at 11:45 and the session ends by 12 but you can stay and climb for as long as you like. We hope to be offering some after school and other session times soon.

Our six week games schedule incorporates; dynamic movement, balance, movement initiation, coordination, flexibility and sequence recollection.

The price of a session is £6 for one adult and up to two under fives, this includes the free induction (if you need it) and some snacks and drinks. Adults can also come back any time that day or evening and climb for free.

We have rolling program so you can join the sessions whenever you wish.

You can become a Rock Tots regular by signing up for the month, this then holds your place or you can just come to a one off taster session to check it out.

We run throughout the school holiday.

We also do Rock Tots parties.

Please get in contact for more info

If you have any children's groups or activities that you would like to put onto ask Sid then please email the information to d.team@sheffinfolink.org.uk

Please put as much information into the email e.g. what you are called, where the activity takes place, when it happens, what day, time. the age group of the children, how much does it cost. Do you get a reduction for more than one child. What happens at the group. Contact details if anyone wants to get in touch. Include information like places must be booked (if need be)

Hobbytime is a well recognised group for babies and children from 0-4+ years and we have groups in Crosspool (Mondays) and Greystones (Wednesday and Thursdays) 10am til 12pm.

We have SPACES AVAILABLE for next half term in our SINGING and CRAFT classes.

The main hall is set out with lots of different toys and activities and we have a large area for babies too. In a separate room we hold our singing and story and craft classes. These classes are more structured and last for half an hour.

Singing classes are fast moving and fun with nursery rhymes, action songs, moving to music and percussion instruments.

In the craft classes follow simple instructions to create a masterpiece each week. At the end of the class we listen to a story.

If you are interested in coming along text or ring Clare on 07816 418794 or Ruth on 07584 430198 or you can just turn up.

For more information have a look at our website http://www.hobbytime-sheffield.co.uk

I have just started a new afternoon club at The Greystones pub with live music and entertainment for parents and toys and crafts for kids. Every Thursday afternoon during term time between 1-3pm. £5 per adult (kids are free)

http://www.theoneoclockclub.com

Email helen@theoneoclockclub.com for tickets

On 17/12/2003 at 17:26, Tracey said:

I'm born & bred in Sheffield so can help you with questions about specific places etc. I am a teacher in Early Years Learning so have a bit of knowledge about what Sheffield has to offer.

I run a babysigning & singing class in the Ecclesall area of Sheffield (not far from Ranmoor) that both of your children & yourself will benefit from (you pay per family). I have made a wide circle of friends since my (1st) pregnancy thru NCT, yoga, aquanatal swimming.

There are hundreds of things for you to do - The CIS is a good place to start.

Happy to help

Tracey

Hi Tracey 

Can I know the whereabouts of your singing classes I am searching for some baby groups and classes for my 18 month old on Ecclesall Road.

Thanks,

Sparklz.

On 16/06/2019 at 22:19, Sparklz said:

Hi Tracey 

Can I know the whereabouts of your singing classes I am searching for some baby groups and classes for my 18 month old on Ecclesall Road.

Thanks,

Sparklz.

Hi,

Do you realize that the post you are asking about is  16 years old !

Hi,
For my GCSE product design project, I am investergaiting educational play toys for young children. As part of the product reserch stage I would like to gather informed opinions to influence the final product. From your observations of the interactions between young children and the toys they play with, what charictaristics of the toy(s) would you say had the most impact on the child's development. When thinking about interactions, please consider ergonomics and function.

Many thanks,

Erik