Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

I am moving to Sheffield soon , and do not know anyone at all.

I have an eighteen month old and a newborn and really need to meet some other mummies to stay sane.

i'm really not so eager to move as I will be leaving my family and my home city and so need to find some friends to ward off any risk of me getting post natal blues, if you know what i mean

so if any of you know about any such groups that can put me in touch with other mummies that will be a great help.

I will be moving to ranmoor if that helps

Dr Feelgoods wifey

There is a group in Sheffield called the Childrens information service http://www.childrenfirst.org.uk/cis/

I moved here a few years ago similar situation -- except I couldn't get away from my home town fast enough :P

I do not know much of Sheffield so I do not know where abouts in the city you will be.

I do not know if you are interested but i am hoping to set up a mummy and kiddy group for mothers of pagan faiths.

Anyway - I hope you find that link useful.

Moon Maiden

Guest Guest

hope this helps :)

This site has links to parent & toddler/baby groups all over sheffield, i found this for you -

Ranmoor Ranmoor Parish Centre, Ranmoor Park Road, Wednesday 9.45-11.30 am. Contact Liz Nicholls

http://www.chatterboxsheffield.org.uk/p_t.html

This website is great for advice and tips, also has online message centre - you might meet new people in your area!

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/community/

This ones got books for babies - groups meet up in sheffield libraries, good for new mums or parents with toddlers.

http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Services/BooksForBabies/sheffield.asp

[/b]

What a good site , and the fact that i got replies so quickly.

I will definitely be checking out the websites and the Ranmoor group sounds like just the thing.

thanks again you lovely folk. :D

Dr Feelgoods wifey ( except its dr i've got cold so dont feeltogood at the mo) :cry:

I'm born & bred in Sheffield so can help you with questions about specific places etc. I am a teacher in Early Years Learning so have a bit of knowledge about what Sheffield has to offer.

I run a babysigning & singing class in the Ecclesall area of Sheffield (not far from Ranmoor) that both of your children & yourself will benefit from (you pay per family). I have made a wide circle of friends since my (1st) pregnancy thru NCT, yoga, aquanatal swimming.

There are hundreds of things for you to do - The CIS is a good place to start.

Happy to help

Tracey

Hi,

I recently moved to Sheffield and away from my family and friends too so can appreciate your worries. We moved to Walkley, I do noy know where that is in relation to where you are moving, but my impression so far is that there are many mums around the Sheffield area and it is an incredibly children and family friemdly place. My daughter is nearly 4, so a bit older than yours, but do get in touch.

Hey,

My family and I moved all the way from Singapore last September. We have a 21 month old who is in desperate need of company to play with. I go to a toddler group but I think she needs to make some 'real' friends. I am actually still feeling my way around.

Do send me an e-mail if you have the same situation or a child/children we can be friends with!

Lonelymum

I'm born & bred in Sheffield so can help you with questions about specific places etc. I am a teacher in Early Years Learning so have a bit of knowledge about what Sheffield has to offer.

I run a babysigning & singing class in the Ecclesall area of Sheffield (not far from Ranmoor) that both of your children & yourself will benefit from (you pay per family). I have made a wide circle of friends since my (1st) pregnancy thru NCT, yoga, aquanatal swimming.

There are hundreds of things for you to do - The CIS is a good place to start.

Happy to help

Tracey

hi tracey

can you tell me more about your singing group I have an 18 month old and she loves singing. I've just broken up for the summer and need to find some groups to take her to.

The info on here is really useful. I'm new to the forum and i think its great. I'm mum to an 18 month old and i try to take her places all the time but i've never made it to a toddler group which i think she would benefit from loads!

Expecting baby #2 soon and am looking for somewhere to take my toddler and newbie come September on a Thursday or Tuesday morning in or near the Netheredge area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi

Sorry I dont live in your area but If you contact the Childrens Information Service they have lists of all the toddler groups and will be able to let you know which ones are near you. Hope you find something.

LisaH xxx

Winners toddler group is thursday afternoons but maybe thats a bit far to travel

Middlewood Winners

They just changed the day and time so website might not be fully updated yet :blush: