Registering a company

Hi.

I've started a new business but need to register it to get a Companies House company number. I think it is a LTD company I need to go for with 3 shareholders but need to find the cheapest place to do this. Can anyone advise a website?

thanks

I would strongly advice, especially with more than one shareholder, that you get advice from an accountant on this.

That said, if you are 100% about what you are doing and the complexities of shareholders, directors, M & A etc, then you can DIY from as little as £24.99 at westbury.co.uk.

Hi.

I've started a new business but need to register it to get a Companies House company number. I think it is a LTD company I need to go for with 3 shareholders but need to find the cheapest place to do this. Can anyone advise a website?

thanks

Buy a ready setup ltd company then change the name.

Do a bit a bit of googling for companies which deal with company formation.

If you do buy an off the shelf company make sure it is a new company which hasn't previously traded and has debts!

i used a company that sort it all for you, it is a little more expenive i think about £30 but much less hassle involved just search company formation in google and a lt will come up i think the one i used was called ecabs for some reason

Some of the cheaper third party setup companies actually have a few sharp practices, and should be avoided.

Of course one of the more expensive companies told me that, but still.

Yep, not something to scrimp on. We generally use our accountants for registering new companies and such like, they use a company that is cheaper than companies house, but not ridiculously cheap.

First of all why do you need a LTD Company? Are you thinking about limited liabilities? It doesn’t always work out, if you are looking for an initial cash injection from a financial institute (bank) they usually require personal guarantee. Suppliers may deal pro-former and frown upon new LTD Companies and there is a lot of paper work, sometimes they are more hassle than they are worth.

It’s my guess that the bank is pushing you to go LTD, they look after number one. Why do you need 3 shareholders? What’s up with you and the wife or is this a joint concern? You do need some advice on this before you get your leg in, don’t you know a friendly MD who has been in the game a few years?

My first LTD Company cost me a hundred quid off- the-peg but that was 30 years ago, you can pick them up dirt cheap now, that’s if you really need one.

I think we need more info off you, I may be totally wrong and you do need a LTD Company but your request is a bit vague.

Anyway best of luck in your new venture.:thumbsup:

First of all why do you need a LTD Company? Are you thinking about limited liabilities? It doesn’t always work out, if you are looking for an initial cash injection from a financial institute (bank) they usually require personal guarantee. Suppliers may deal pro-former and frown upon new LTD Companies and there is a lot of paper work, sometimes they are more hassle than they are worth.

It’s my guess that the bank is pushing you to go LTD, they look after number one. Why do you need 3 shareholders? What’s up with you and the wife or is this a joint concern? You do need some advice on this before you get your leg in, don’t you know a friendly MD who has been in the game a few years?

My first LTD Company cost me a hundred quid off- the-peg but that was 30 years ago, you can pick them up dirt cheap now, that’s if you really need one.

I think we need more info off you, I may be totally wrong and you do need a LTD Company but your request is a bit vague.

Anyway best of luck in your new venture.:thumbsup:

Hmm... have you read any books you can advise regarding this matter?

My main reasons were to do with tax and that the issue of share dividends is attractive.

Hi

I got a pack with all the paperwork for £14.99 from Staples. We know a solicitor and she said it was fine if the shareholders had equal shares. It then cost £20 to set up the company at Companies House after checking that the name wasn't already registered on their database. If I can do it , so can you!! The certificate arrived a week later. You can pay extra to get it done in 24 hours, I think.

Good luck

Regards

Hi there

This could be a important decision and is one that should not be taken lightly.

Ask yourself these questions:

If you were Ill where would you go? Doctors, i would have thought.

If you needed a new gas fire? Corgi registred plumber.

If you need legal advice? A qualified solicitor.

Why should the start of a new business venture be any different from the above?

Go and seek professional advice from a QUALIFIED accountant who will advise through experience, knowledge and training!

If you want any advice pvt message me and we can set up a free initial consultation.

Thanks

Take notice of what blade123 is saying.

Shareholders can be a dangerous item. Do you need them?

My main reasons were to do with tax and that the issue of share dividends is attractive.

I suppose there are loads of books out there on the subject but you cannot beat word of mouth, you need to talk to people. Heed the words of blade1234, he made a fair comment but after you have talked to a solicitor or accountant then talk to some local businesses of mature status, you may be surprised to find your friendly local shop or garage will offer advice, although retail or services may not be your line of work, it is however business. Experienced advice with its pro's and con's is hard to get from books, talk to the people who have been in business for some time, forget about the young ones with their entrepreneurial delusions of grandeur.

My main reasons were to do with tax….

Surely this is a reason to keep out of being LTD even if we are talking VAT.

and that the issue of share dividends is attractive.

Is this not another word for bonus? At the end of the day or year it is drawings and tax accordingly.