Police car chases

It seems your answer is that is has nothing to do with the thread topic then.

These young coppers are as bad as the boy racers, They enjoy the chase. Whilst others would rather sit at this and other bus gates
And in a matter of a couple of lines you show ignorance on the subject and attempt to insult police officers too. Nice.

I understand that our driver trainers have to have a training qualification before they go off to do the driver training course.

All frontline recruits to the ambulance service are required to do the D1 (basic non-blues & twos) course and emergency staff do the D1 + D2 (blues & twos) course - there are no exemptions for police officers transferring across, in the same way that the police don't accept ambulance service driver training. I understand the reason for this is because the style of driving is quite different.

I was told on my D2 course that on completion of the course we'd be to a standard where we could walk through the IAM assessment. I can only suppose it's a syllabus thing that prevents accreditation.

I would certainly acknowledge the superior skills of the persuit trained drivers :)

Thank you, it's nice to be acknowledged :D

If there were no pursuits there would be no celebrity policeman on tv programmes like traffic cops.

I bet not that many pursuits get abandoned due to being too dangerous.

It does happen and although not every pursuit gets called off, it's not that rare an occurance.

To be honest I think the TV shows don't do the cops any good. It shows what I consider to be quite an inaccurate portrayal of the job and often doesn't do us any favours thanks to the actions of a few of them. It's also worth remembering that these shows take months and months to make just a couple of episodes, it's not every day that a pursuit takes place and I'm sure if they showed the day to day duties of those officers that the public would soon watch something else on TV.

It does happen and although not every pursuit gets called off, it's not that rare an occurance.

To be honest I think the TV shows don't do the cops any good. It shows what I consider to be quite an inaccurate portrayal of the job and often doesn't do us any favours thanks to the actions of a few of them. It's also worth remembering that these shows take months and months to make just a couple of episodes, it's not every day that a pursuit takes place and I'm sure if they showed the day to day duties of those officers that the public would soon watch something else on TV.

Exactly! the nearest they ever got to THE REAL job was the Bill when it first started. They just gleen the very few interesting chases from various forces and the vid's are years old from what I can make out.

Completely bored with all these Police, camera action type programs, it does not portray the job as it really is!

Like all the hours you spend on nights waiting for things to happen, the paper work, the frustration with CPS and the abuse one gets, simply for wearing that uniform.

I've stopped watching as it's garbadge " sorry Matt" but it is! Like how they show old matt on a chase, then it all ends in him losing the little scrote! OH and how come all traffic cops are interbred and related to one another...lol:D

Come and have a coffe with me and we could have a run down on how exactly to look good on camera and how to catch toerags the proper way....Not the boring PC way..lol

And how do you explain to the grieving parents of a child who's been hit by a speeding police car on a housing estate that her death was 'worthwhile' because the police caught a couple of thieves and retrieved a few thousand pounds for a bank?

How do you explain to the parents of a murder victim that they couldn't catch the murderer because he drove into a housing estate?

How do you explain to the parents of a murder victim that they couldn't catch the murderer because he drove into a housing estate?

Hey, come on, be fair. It's always the cops fault, no matter what! ;)