Police car chases

Highways Agency traffic officers can an DO use their police powers to stop and dirct traffic, failing to heed a direction from a HATO is treated exactly the same as failing to stop for a Constable ( as was the case when we actually had proper Traffic wardens)
HATO do not have police powers, they have their own powers. The are not sworn in to the office of constable and are not part of the police.

if the sheeple ar that unobservant not to spot the clear Highways agency markings .... however HATOs are in contact with the RPU police officers either direct by airwave radio or via the HA motorway control rooms
I think it's good that you often get motorists slowing down from excessive speeds to a more safe speed when they see a HATO vehicle, mistaking it for a police vehicle. It works in a similar way to when motorists see a parked up paramedic vehicle at the side of the road and mistake it for a police car. If it helps reduce the number of speeding motorists then that's a good thing.

as i said the training centre has been sold to either netto or lidl to be used as there offices. the police say that they are losing there jobs but they are just moving to another site near manvers so they are not losing there jobs at all.

No, the way it is being done is that a good number of retiring/ resigning officers aren't being replaced. Just the small matter of 150 fully warranted officers gone for the people of South Yorkshire this year. Possibly, somewhere near that again next year. If that does happen, thats @10% of the warranted officers gone inside two years. Why - the govt insisting on 3% 'efficiency savings' - read cuts - every year for three years.

HATO do not have police powers, they have their own powers. The are not sworn in to the office of constable and are not part of the police.

I think it's good that you often get motorists slowing down from excessive speeds to a more safe speed when they see a HATO vehicle, mistaking it for a police vehicle. It works in a similar way to when motorists see a parked up paramedic vehicle at the side of the road and mistake it for a police car. If it helps reduce the number of speeding motorists then that's a good thing.

Only idiots slow down on passing highways agency vehicles,but then the same people brake at every lamp post like their doing some sort of morse code with their brake lights.

You seem to need a reminder that 94% of all accidents in this country are NOT caused by speed.

Will you be bleating about the other causes or will you wait for the police/media to tell you what to think?

did i say that ? no i didn't what i did point out is that ignoring HATO directions is as serious as ignoring the instructions of a constable...

the same situation applies with proper traffic wardens, school crossing patrols or PCSOs with traffic warden powers - none of them hold the office of constable all ofthem hav powers equivalent to a constable to stop or direct traffic within the remit of their role...

Only idiots slow down on passing highways agency vehicles,but then the same people brake at every lamp post like their doing some sort of morse code with their brake lights.

You seem to need a reminder that 94% of all accidents in this country are NOT caused by speed.

Or perhaps you need to consider if I was even debating anything to do with the percentage of accidents caused by speed :loopy: Have another read, I'm sure you'll not see me say anything about the percentage of accidents caused by speed at all.

Will you be bleating about the other causes or will you wait for the police/media to tell you what to think?
Bleating? I think the only person on here doing that is you in your post above, one mention of excessive speed and you're off without me even typing the word accident.

did i say that ? no i didn't what i did point out is that ignoring HATO directions is as serious as ignoring the instructions of a constable...
I'll show you exactly what you said if it helps,
Highways Agency traffic officers can an DO use their police powers to stop and dirct traffic
Your post was misleading as the powers used by HATO are not 'police powers' as you suggest as they are not constables.

the same situation applies with proper traffic wardens, school crossing patrols or PCSOs with traffic warden powers - none of them hold the office of constable all ofthem hav powers equivalent to a constable to stop or direct traffic within the remit of their role...
I'm not disputing who can and can't direct or stop traffic, I was pointing out that despite your claim that HATO had 'police powers', they don't. They have their own set of powers. There's already confusion with HATO, who they are, what they can do etc. so I didn't want people mistaking them as part of the police from your post, I'm sorry if that upsets you as that wasn't my intention.

Here in Shirecliffe we have a Bus Gate, Very few buses use it. It is also in a stupid place for a bus gate. The buses that do use it till tea time do not use it on a Sunday. There is no danger to anyone even if cars were to go through the gate. However three Sunday's ago the Police took it in turns to watch this Bus Gate and stopped many drivers. This would be O.K in itself but just yards away from the Bus gate a house reported a tresspasser on the Garden stealing garden ornaments. The Police responded by giving an incident number. They never called, When the occupier rang them two days later they were told the WPC dealing with the incident was on holiday. The Police Officer investigating ? this offence turned up a week later to collect the CCTV of the offence. Nothing heard since, The Police still guard the bus gate even after the accident on Shirecliffe Road Sunday evening. This gate could not even be used as a diversion route to Herries Road. Some tried and were booked

What's that got to do with the subject of police drivers and pursuits? :confused:

What's that got to do with the subject of police drivers and pursuits? :confused:

These young coppers are as bad as the boy racers, They enjoy the chase. Whilst others would rather sit at this and other bus gates

Would any of you care to explain to the relatives of innocent road users killed/maimed due to low standards of emergency vehicle driving the importance of catching mobile phone users or seeing how many medical emergency vehicles on one call at the same time.

Of course i would. i'd show them pictures of the mangled and dead faces of people injured from accidents that resulted from a mobile phone...

Of course i would. i'd show them pictures of the mangled and dead faces of people injured from accidents that resulted from a mobile phone...
How many of those are available compared with accidents involving emergency vehicles?

If there were no pursuits there would be no celebrity policeman on tv programmes like traffic cops.

I bet not that many pursuits get abandoned due to being too dangerous.