Sign in to follow this  

A-level/AS results!

Our Head of Sixth Form told me that A-levels would be the hardest thing I ever did. Not true. My degree course was solid!

Congratulations KK! :banana: Those are results to be proud of! :D

im going to hallam (not exactly ivy league but nevermind) doing radiography which means it is mostly based at hospitals training so i wont see much of uni to be honest. Was going to do medicine but thought i wouldnt get the grades - there was one place left through clearing at newcastle (which i wouldnt go to anyway) but it was taken in within minutes. nevermind - radiographys less work.

well done !!! it's all about how much effort you put in. they're in no way easy but i think results are better because people are taking the easy subjects (that's what i did) - i went into law and they didn't give a hoot what subjects you did. one of my friends who (due to his background) could speak fluent spanish and french - he did both of them at a level - got great results and is now earning 30K+ as a lawyer. haad he not got the grades at a level, he wouldn't have got into the university and got the job he did.

you've got to work the system to your advantage !!

Congratulations Kittycat, well done, I am sure you worked very hard to pass your exams, if all young people worked the same as you this would be a much better country to live in.

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

I got 2 C's in my A levels, Philosophy and History.

Not quite the brainbox you like to portray yourself as then. What do you do, just read dictionaries as a hobby?

I am hoping to get into Hallam too.

Someone told me you only needed a bottle-opener,pack of condoms and a box of tissues to get in.

As its mostly sport-based the seminars are usually devoted to

catching beanbags,swinging on goalposts and bashing your fellow students with a designer sportsbag.

Its usually possible to be in the pub for about 4pm for a solid twelve hour binge.

Just mark your envelope "Sport and Leisure Directorate"

Thanks for that - makes me feel a whole lot better

Originally posted by BAZZO

I am hoping to get into Hallam too.

Someone told me you only needed a bottle-opener,pack of condoms and a box of tissues to get in.

As its mostly sport-based the seminars are usually devoted to

catching beanbags,swinging on goalposts and bashing your fellow students with a designer sportsbag.

Its usually possible to be in the pub for about 4pm for a solid twelve hour binge.

Just mark your envelope "Sport and Leisure Directorate"

If you do get in which I doubt perhaps you could ask one of the lecturers to explain the word "sphincter" to you.

Well done KK:D