Staff in Tescos on Abbeydale Road

Yes the service at the fish counter along with the meat and deli sections leaves much to be desired. I tend to use a proper butcher and fishmonger and a local deli. Apart from the odd checkout person who has had a bad night or whatever is making them miserable I find the staff to be fine. :thumbsup:

Stuart and Graham are great, just remember not to ask Stuart how far his implement will stretch when you want him to scan something heavy without removing it from your trolly. :hihi:

Some of the customers however have never been taught manners. They push trolleys straight into you, stand talking infront of the shelf you want to get at and some of them can't shop or pay for their shopping without constantly talking on their mobiles. :confused:

The aisles are very narrow and are often clogged up with the merchandisers and the internet shopper guys, but remember it's not the fault of the staff. I find the customer service section fine, when we took my 83 year old mum down for her passport photo taking they couldn't have been more helpful, even adjusting the seat for her, thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Yes, he's top! His partner work's in there as well and they always have a bit of banter which makes the boring job of paying/packing much more fun.

Mind you, I love the self-checkout's in there, 99% of the time I don't even need to go near the staff.. :)

Graham and Stuart the gay couple are called! Very nice blokes! :)

Tesco`s have just lost a set of my holiday pictures and the other 5 sets are really poor. The duty manager on Thursday evening (John Riley) wouldn`t

speak to us, leaving the poor staff on the customer service counter to answer our questions.

Please think twice about having any photos done at Tesco.

To be fair on Tesco, I've had plenty of photos done at that branch and they've always been decent and timely. I think there was a woman called Pat that did them in the past, not sure if she's still there, but she was friendly enough and did a good job, often happy to chat for a few moments instead of just processing you.

What a load of utter BS I have never heard such patronising, pompous, jumped up idiots! (the constant qualification comments are really nice to the people working there, which by the way mostly consist of students trying to earn a bit of money or mothers with kids to look after) At the end of the day get your sodding shopping and get the hell out of there!! You're not there for therapy or for people to make you feel better you are there for the most basic task - to get shopping. Can you imagine back in the day, people would have laughed in your face at half the complaints we get!! Get a life. If you are so concerned about getting good fish scaled and boned etc go to a bloody fishmonger.

Yes I agree that sometimes there is cause to complain but why do customers think it is ok to be so rude, you can complain without being abusive which does happen to us several times a day and it really makes me wonder what these people are saying to get such bad treatment from staff. On my first day I got tomotoes thrown at my face without any warning or foreword. I constantly have people coming up to me shouting 'get a bloody manager down here now' like somebody just died in aisle 12, without any explanation and then when you try to ask what the problem is so you can call the relevant manager they just scream abuse at you. Why do people understand that you can't be abusive to NHS staff but at the same time be so rude to us little uneducated peasants that work at Tesco.

And if I hear I spend £200 pound in this store a week, or I've been shopping here for years, or in future i'll be going to Sainsburys (by the way please do!) or any other jumped up justification of been rude I think i really will have to leave and work at Sainsburys because the grass must really be greener over there.

Ha Ha Spot on that :thumbsup:

56cheffy get a life , you pompous git, go shop else where if you dont like it, or do you get of by complaining, there are no staff that i know of at tesco who are that rude , i think you lie

56cheffy get a life , you pompous git, go shop else where if you dont like it, or do you get of by complaining, there are no staff that i know of at tesco who are that rude , i think you lie

Ha ha ha...do you work there buddy...if not you should apply for a job, you sound just the type of person they love to employ...:loopy:

i work in that store and yes some people are rude but only cos we have to put up with customers like the lemon man.

A little tip for when you have a complaint with a retail employee.... treat them like you would a waiter in a restaurant. If you tick a waiter off then expect one of your plates of food to come back to you containing a large portion of spit mixed in!

I find that by treating staff members nicely whilst having a bit of a laugh and a joke with them instead of storming up to them with a face like thunder they tend be far more willing to help you resolve your issue.

;4107053']A little tip for when you have a complaint with a retail employee.... treat them like you would a waiter in a restaurant. If you tick a waiter off then expect one of your plates of food to come back to you containing a large portion of spit mixed in!

I find that by treating staff members nicely whilst having a bit of a laugh and a joke with them instead of storming up to them with a face like thunder they tend be far more willing to help you resolve your issue.

Absolutely. Three other words really help too, especially in fraught places.

"Please."

"Thank you."

They work wonders, especially if they have your details and you use them regularly.

The problem is that some customers, like my mum and me, are polite and respectful, but find staff being rude and offhand with us. It may very well be that they are exhausted after delaing with rude people making unreasonable requests, but the result is that they lose customers like us (whom they might have preferred to keep), and are left with the belligerent ones that enjoy confrontation.

i work in that store and yes some people are rude but only cos we have to put up with customers like the lemon man.

lemon man is probably the dick who started this thread in the first place

I think one of the blokes on the tills in there(shaved head/goatee)was on the "The Weakest link" a few years back if I remember correctly:)

yes he was and i think he wishes he hadn't bothered, he was terrible and was the first to be voted off.