Anyone been to the Sherwood pub in Birley?

I've been two or three times for meals, and its always been lovely, and the staff are too. Lovely big portions, and value for money.

We had our wedding reception there last May and could fault anything.

Think you better edit your post,lol Have another read of it, check out the words in bold.:o

Surely you meant to put couldn't instead of could.:D

I have been there many times - the last time was April 07. My family go there regularly for meals. I have friends who go out on Thursday/Friday evenings there for a good night.

When I was back there in 07 I bumped into an old flame who was working behind the bar there. Rob. so if anyone who goes in the Sherwood and knows him - please ay a big 'hello' from me .

Sarah

Think you better edit your post,lol Have another read of it, check out the words in bold.:o

Surely you meant to put couldn't instead of could.:D

Haha!! Had just woke up - ta for pointing out that little faux pax!!

Sherwood is spot on. when i lived up that area i loved spending hours in the there. friday nite, sat nite, sunday afternoon. Sue and murphy are very nice and why some people dont like them is because they dont take any crap from anyone. staff behind the bar are great. jess is classic alsways makes me laugh. food great, pub clean and well maintained. what more could u ask for.

don't stand at the bar for too long after getting your drink or the landlady will bite your head off. The Birley is a much better pub. If you want a laugh though go in on a sunday when a big football match on, watching the landlady (butch, i think her name is) clearing the bar area by talking on a microphone is a real crowd pleaser

I use the sherwood often and find it is very good sue and murphy and the staff are pleasant. The food is excellent.

There is strict rules and if you follow them there is no problems. Weekends children out by 7 and no big groups of lads

Does anyone know if the The Sherwood has Setanta Sports? I've never really noticed when I've been in, Blades are on Thursday just wanted to know if they'll be showing it, save me legs from nipping in and checking.

What ales do they sell ?, always meaning to pop in!

You should pop in Eckington BOY, but u may struggle getting served mate.

Here's the beers they sell according to some website

Becks Vier, Carling Extra Cold, Carling Premier, Fosters Superchilled, Stella Cold, John Smiths Smooth, Greene King IPA Smooth, Guinness, Guinness Extra Cold, Woodpecker & Strongbow Ciders.

i haven't been for a meal in years, i remember Murphy. i went to a gig last year though to see Craine, apparently the back room costs a fair bit to hire, my friend found out when she asked a band to play there. A nice place though.