Latest spam scam "You've won the 'Postcode lottery'!"

The latest spam-scam from abroad is, as above, "congratulations you've won X- amount in the postcode lottery!

I was reading the article about it, in yesterday's Observer, and according to the article, someone from abroad has obviously misinterpreted what the "Postcode Lottery" really is. (and of course, anyone who falls for it really HAS to be "behind the door"!!)

I'm going to fit a shredder to my letterbox, will save me the time on taking my mail to the shredder..

Thanks for the warning :D

Postcode Lottery?! How retarded do these people think we are?! :loopy::rant:

Thanks for the warning :D

Postcode Lottery?! How retarded do these people think we are?! :loopy::rant:

I presume the scammers are banking (hehe no "pun"intended! hehe) on the stupidity of the greedy, and hoping that the punter will only read the word "lottery" and that they won't see the rest of the gubbins in the scam for the "£" signs appearing in their eyes.

It would seem that there are no depths to which some low-lived louses will not stoop, sadly.

The latest spam-scam from abroad is, as above, "congratulations you've won X- amount in the postcode lottery!

I was reading the article about it, in yesterday's Observer, and according to the article, someone from abroad has obviously misinterpreted what the "Postcode Lottery" really is. (and of course, anyone who falls for it really HAS to be "behind the door"!!)

there is a peoples post code lottery so i dont think that this scammer has misunderstood they are just trying to use someone elses genuine charity to rip folk off!

http://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/web/show?ma=53

I just got a phone call from them my postcode had won £6000. I told them to use that money to buy an envelop and send me a cheque or the cash.

I'm going to fit a shredder to my letterbox, will save me the time on taking my mail to the shredder..

err, I think this thread is about e-mail scams??

Perhaps they realise people have got wise to the fact they can't win a lottery if they haven't bought a ticket, so this one hints that you don't need a ticket, it's based on your postcode? (And how many people realise their postcode covers other houses as well as theirs?)