Women get the right to breastfeed in public

Now, look, we're going to have to stop all this agreeing with each other, or Mr Wocky will start thinking we've got a "thing" going on. He'll not be able to cope with the thought of two of his wimmin deserting him, especially if he starts drinking espresso :hihi:

Au contraire Dozy, the thought of his 2 wimmin having a thing, will probably do more to him than 100 cups of extra strong espresso!!!!:hihi:

Breast is definitely best, there's no doubt about that. But not all women can breast feed, for a whole variety of reasons, including not enough support, or fear of how others will respond to them.

My youngest daughter was born at 28 weeks and in NICU for 10 weeks. Initially I expressed my milk 6x every 24 hours, which was frozen and added to a preemie formula. Then when she got the suck reflex she was doing so well on the bottle she'd been having that I didn't want to disrupt her success, so I carried on with that but topped her up with my milk. It was the most wondeful thing to see this tiny tiny little miracle, breastfeeding! It certainly helped me bond with her.......and cry a bit now and again!

Nevertheless, once she was home I still found it hard to breastfeed in public. I don't know why. I'm a definite breast feeding supporter but found it hard to relax or get in the right position because of my disability maybe.

Nowadays if I see a woman breastfeeding I usually give her a big encouraging, supportive smile. It's the most natural thing in the world and I want to be on the side of 'well done! you're doing a great job!'

very good news

Should of had the rgiht long long ago

Like looking at womens breasts being a proper perv :hihi:

very good news

Should of had the rgiht long long ago

Like looking at womens breasts being a proper perv :hihi:

Even when there's a baby attached?!!!!! :loopy:

Got to admit my ignorance on this one. I'd just assumed it was always fine for women to breastfeed in public. Am quite amazed that apparently it wasn't.

I think its great! no more being stuck at bloody home or restricted time and plans.

I would only be concerened of the odd perv watching!

I think its great! no more being stuck at bloody home or restricted time and plans.

I would only be concerened of the odd perv watching!

Yes my thought exactly too many old pervs about :hihi:

I'm embarassed to say that I didn't think there was anything in law preventing a woman from breastfeeding her child in public, no matter what age! About blinking time then.

What are these mothers going to do when men stop and have a look at their boobs? it is going to attract that sort of attention.

No one here seems to be bothered by it, so maybe it is just a small group of people that would complain and make life difficult.

What are these mothers going to do when men stop and have a look at their boobs? it is going to attract that sort of attention.

And what kind of men would these be? Some pathetic perv who gets off one watching a baby suckle at his/her mother's breast?:roll::loopy:

Well, I know what I'd do. I'd ask in an extremely loud voice, what on earth he thought he was looking at and humiliate them.

AARRRRGGGHHHH

It's the most natural thing in the world - about time I say!

Crikey, I never knew that law existed. Mine used to be out, anytime, any place, anywhere, I never had any problems with anyone.

And i'm sure the lads loved it!

But this is a thread about mothers breastfeeding.