Women get the right to breastfeed in public

thanks.:)

this government is so backwards when it come to families. I mean mat leave is a joke, rights to breastfeed affter returning to work are a joke, rewards for working families are a joke :rant:

they've got a much better idea on the continent!

You must count yourself very lucky that you have an employer that allows maternity leave.

Its a very easy one to get round for employers

You must count yourself very lucky that you have an employer that allows maternity leave.

Its a very easy one to get round for employers

It is a statutory right. And quite right too.

It is a statutory right. And quite right too.

Not everywhere.

Sadly, unless you work for the council and have a good union rep, an employer can round these rules so easily.

Its very similar to have a right to a break at work, many people don't even have this

Strange how we've never seen a thread started about someones employee avoiding the statuatory right to allow maternity leave then.

With such a cross section of people on SF and if it's so easy you'd think someone would have posted about it.

Look at the context lizzmobile.

It's strange given mr_busdrivers conviction that dodging maternity leave is easy.

I was highlighting the fact that we haven't seen such a thread, thus implying that his assertion is in fact false.

It's strange given mr_busdrivers conviction that dodging maternity leave is easy.

I was highlighting the fact that we haven't seen such a thread, thus implying that his assertion is in fact false.

Oh yes, its very easy for an employer to dodge maternity leave, paid breaks and any other basic right for that matter. So the chances of being allowed to breast feed in work (yes I know its a thread about feeding in public) must be absolutely non exsistant.

How do they get round this? easy

1) get people on short term contracts.

2) give people so much work, that they have to work thro their breaks to get the work done....... if they don't do the work they can lose their jobs for incompetence.

3) Redeployment - now this is a good one - there are 18 people working in a department, however due to funds there are only 14 jobs, which means 4 people get demoted.............

So yes, dodging maternity is easy, plus breaks, plus basic union rights plus whatever else an employer doesn't wish to adhere to.

It was maternity leave you said was easy to dodge, not feeding in work.

So where are the threads of people complaining about this happening.

1) Short term contracts now accrue the same rights as full time employees after 3 months (although I've never looked to see if it includes maternity leave).

Most people, the vast majority, are in full time permanent employment anyway.

2) Is irrelevant to maternity leave.

3) is irrelevant to maternity leave.

It was maternity leave you said was easy to dodge, not feeding in work.

So where are the threads of people complaining about this happening.

1) Short term contracts now accrue the same rights as full time employees after 3 months (although I've never looked to see if it includes maternity leave).

Most people, the vast majority, are in full time permanent employment anyway.

2) Is irrelevant to maternity leave.

3) is irrelevant to maternity leave.

Yeah right, the moon is made of cheese

Cyclone forgive me. I am tired mother of 4 children who wake me at 5 every morning.