Women get the right to breastfeed in public

Actually I have a friend who was unable to continue breastfeeding because hers are too big and the little one was constantly struggling to breathe whilst feeding (so she had to express and bottle feed to ensure her LO's safety). There is such a thing as too big- no matter what men may think!

Actually I have a friend who was unable to continue breastfeeding because hers are too big and the little one was constantly struggling to breathe whilst feeding (so she had to express and bottle feed to ensure her LO's safety). There is such a thing as too big- no matter what men may think!

Does that apply to what ladies think of men also? :)

I am one of the fried egg brigade :hihi:

I have 2 backs, and was still able to feed my children. :D

jen, well done you :clap: and congratulations on impending no 2 baby! :banana:

You have to respect what your child wants. They are born with the knowlede they need to survive and we ignore that to the cost of society.

It could also be that the taste of your milk has changed and that bubba knows that. Your milk will come gushing back at the end of the year then you'll be like the goddess Hera, the great galactagogue, rocketing milk across the sky :hihi:

thanks.:) the first few weeks were hard work, i got mastitis which became an abscess which became sceptacemia and me, hubby and 2week old baby spent a week in hospital. but I was so determined to breastfeed I set an alarm to wake me up every 3hrs so I could express and hubby fed it via a bottle. I just dont know how I did it, I was so ill:(

thankfully it paid off and after just a few weeks alfie managed to latch straight back on without any problems, didn't even want the bottle when he knew there were boobies on offer!!! I have to say though I never plucked up the courage to feed in public. the most public I got was sitting in a back empty room of the castle pub in castleton, and noone saw me. its a shame I felt like that really because it made every day life so much more difficult. I think with baby no2 I'll be much more inclined to go public, I've lost all inhibitions now!:hihi:

the only thing which annoys me about this legislation is the age limit of 6months. I mean, babies need milk at least to the age of 12months. if you're not breastfeeding then you'd have to give formula, something which is ridiculous imo if you are already bfing before the 6month cut off.

this government is so backwards when it come to families. I mean mat leave is a joke, rights to breastfeed affter returning to work are a joke, rewards for working families are a joke :rant:

they've got a much better idea on the continent!

this government is so backwards when it come to families. I mean mat leave is a joke, rights to breastfeed affter returning to work are a joke, rewards for working families are a joke :rant:

as bad as labour are they have massively extended maternity leave, improved family tax credits, introduced paternity leave etc. things were far more bleak under the tories.

I have 2 backs, and was still able to feed my children. :D

I went from an A to a DD cup.:suspect::suspect:

I went from an A to a DD cup.:suspect::suspect:

I still miss them. :sad:

I still miss them. :sad:

God, I don't! Although they're not quite as small and pert as they once were. I hated them being so huge. Lizzmobile nearly fell over when they saw them!!!

thanks.:) the first few weeks were hard work, i got mastitis which became an abscess which became sceptacemia and me, hubby and 2week old baby spent a week in hospital. but I was so determined to breastfeed I set an alarm to wake me up every 3hrs so I could express and hubby fed it via a bottle. I just dont know how I did it, I was so ill:(

thankfully it paid off and after just a few weeks alfie managed to latch straight back on without any problems, didn't even want the bottle when he knew there were boobies on offer!!!

I also had severe mastitis first time round. It took a referral to a breast surgeon (6 week wait) and 3 courses of anti-biotics to clear it up.

the only thing which annoys me about this legislation is the age limit of 6months. I mean, babies need milk at least to the age of 12months. if you're not breastfeeding then you'd have to give formula, something which is ridiculous imo if you are already bfing before the 6month cut off.

But how on earth will this be enforced? I suspect that it won't be.

As well as much better and more affordable childcare; the prohibitive costs of which deter many women from going back to work.

God, I don't! Although they're not quite as small and pert as they once were. I hated them being so huge. Lizzmobile nearly fell over when they saw them!!!

Something I shall have in my mind on my deathbed, dear :nod:

Something I shall have in my mind on my deathbed, dear :nod:

LOL at avatar!!!!!:hihi::hihi: Am lovin' it!

Wondered how long it would take for you to come out of your lair at the mention of my breasts.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yeah, party dress and rabbit ears; me all over :hihi: And I've only just logged on.

Breastfeeding rocks :P I'd do it all over again for as long again, if for whatever reason, my fifth child comes along :suspect: