Peace In The Park 2008...Did you go?

I really enjoyed it, first time I've been! Will defo go next year!

My Fairy GodMother & I went and we both felt very relaxed and it was nice seeing everyone enjoying themselves :). We took a shopping break into Tesco's, there was a HUGE queue to use their toilets :hihi: and people were buying loads of alcohol :D. Does anyone know what time it finished because when I drove past at 10:00pm, music was still being played

NO! :( I was stuck in Uni all day doing a presentation on alternative currency. You can guess where I would rather have been.

I went down for a mooch in the afternoon but I was suffering from the night before so didn't stay long. Everyone looked to be enjoying themselves and there was plenty of food available. I got a nice carrot and coriander pie for my tea.

I went past again at 8.45 and it was still going strong.

One amusing note. The landlord of the Wellington (ex Cask and Cutler) had a go on the tombola and won the one thing he didn't need - a mini cask of ale!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I'll pass it on to the organisers group when we next meet.

I have just had the following update from the Peace In The Park organisors group: -

First of all, to all the people (there are too many names to list but you know who you are!) who worked so hard to make this year's fantastic festival happen:

THANKS TO YOU ALL

XXX

So what did you think?

We're having an evaluation meeting next week and we want to hear your thoughts about Peace in the Park, what you enjoyed most of all, and what you think we could improve on for next year's festival. We don't mind criticism if you think we got something wrong, and we especially don't mind praise where you think we got it right!

Send in your pics!

We'd really like to build up a collection of photos of the festival, so we've set up an email address for you to send in your photos: pictures@peaceinthepark.org.uk or you can post them straight to the Peace in the Park group on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/peaceinthepark

Lost Property

Did you lose something at Peace in the Park? We've got a bag full of lost property so it may have been handed in. Email lostproperty@peaceinthepark.org.uk or call 0114 2014737 with a description and your contact details.

More good goings-on!

We'd like to take this opportunity to tell you about a couple of other events in the area, both are well worth checking out and are organised by some great guys who've helped us out with Peace in the Park.

Coming up next month on July 19th is the popular Bomfest in Barnsley:

www.bomfest.com

Later in the year there's "Step Up!", a great new event at our old home in Endcliffe Park to put in your diary:

www.iconic-eco-smart.co.uk

Here's what the organisers have to say about Step Up:

Step-Up is an Environmental Awareness Day occurring on Saturday 30th August 2008 between 12 Noon and 6pm, which aims to bring a mixture of traditional dancers, information about world changes/species preservation, fun kids activities and live music to get children and families more engaged and pro-active in the environment around them, promoting a unilateral conciousness about what we do and how it affects the world around us.

Amongst other things we also hope to confirm some of the larger recycling and composting companies to give advice to people and show how simple it is. There are several workshops on the day from the traditional dancers and we are looking to confirm more soon.

We're looking for volunteers for stewarding and set up. Also, any organisatons involved in environmental projects locally e.g local land clean up groups, river clean up projects or local habitat restoration etc would be very much appreciated.

And Finally...

Please let us know asap if you happen to know the whereabouts of four fire extinguishers that went missing after Saturday :(

From the Peace in the Park Crew - see you next year! xxx

Peace in the Park Lost Property

Did you loose any belongings at Peace in the Park?

Glasses, Clothing, Keys, Mobiles....

Email lostproperty@peaceinthepark.org.uk with name, details and a full description. Items will be kept for 3 months.

Peace in the Park Lost Property

Did you loose any belongings at Peace in the Park?

Glasses, Clothing, Keys, Mobiles....

virginity

sanity

hope

belief in mankind

PMSL @ Slimsid.

I live near the Ponderosa, and saw the event taking place but didn't go across, as I was busy with something else at the time.

virginity

LOL - yeah, right.

LOL - yeah, right.

So where did you loose yours - the ones outside Highfield libuary or the ones under the Town Hall?