Unofficial Sheffield Forum/Showroom Movie Group - thread 2

See you there at the popcorn 6.30. Will be in the bar at 7

Karen

I am not going to make it tonight. Hope everyone has a good time.

I'm not going to be able to make it either tonight. Hopefully everyone can meet again soon though =]

I was there, at the popcorn thinking people were coming. Waited quite some time then left. Apologies if the 7pm person came but as I was in the Showroom an hour before (too far to travel home and return) it seemed an eternity to wait and then I realised that I would not have recognised you. I would like to be part of a film group but would appreciate some communication beforehand if people can't make it. Maybe one or two of us give contact numbers?

Hi Karen

I did turn just a little after 7pm. I tried to make 7pm but I under estimated getting from work. I now know though.

It's a shame you didn't stay the Shorts were quite good. So much so I've signed up to the SYFN mailing list and will be looking out for their next events. And will be looking at going to the York & Leeds film festivals.

Shortly after arriving I did look around and also asked at the bar to see if anyone had mentioned the film group and then thought just as you did how am I even going to recognise anyone? Contact numbers would of been very helpful indeed.

When I signed up to the mailing list the person hosting the event mentioned joining the film network either just to follow with interest or possibily even taking part in film production. It might be worth taking a look to see if there is any groups near by that are part of the network we could join if take-up here is going to be a non-starter.

Cheers

Martin

Glad you had a good time Martin. Thanks for letting me know.

I've recently gotten membership at the showroom and in need of film buddies. Anyone would be free at certain times and grab a coffee to discuss the film after? Would be fun.

Realise this thread is almost 3 years old. Apologies for dragging an old thread up, but would anyone be interested in getting a cinema/film meet/group going again? 

At the risk of sounding like billy no mates, my social circle all seem not to want to do cinema as they're busy with partners/families etc or are not generally interested in the  cinema. Meeting like minded people in a similar situation would be good